Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to check a couple of things?

Hi
    Forgive me for reposting this in open forum but was needing some advice fairly quickly?
    I have decided to give clinitas ultra 3 another go, gave up after a day before as made eyes even drier. Howver, I have now had som many folk say give it a go so I have decied to. Thing is, they are not soothing and although my other clinitas Soothe drops do help for a few minutes anyway, I really want to mix the two as I feel I will be unable to go the full month on the clinitas ultra alone. I am wondering if this is okay? I know I should give it perhaps a "lone" go but at the mo, they are really not that combtable. Anyhow wondering what you might think.
    Also, thought I need to quickly check this out. For the past Four years I have been washing my eyes in cooled boiled water with cotton pads in the morning as I use cyclosporin oil at night and it is uncombtable build up. I really sook them as well. Dont use streri lid or anything as worried about yet more chemicals on eyes. hope I am doing the right thing.
    Thanks in advance for help.
    Lulu

Lulu, What are all the tear drops you've tried so far? Which ones did you like/not like?
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hi Little Mermaid
      I had been on systane pres free when this started again. Had been using them for about 2 years with no probs. They had no effect on grittiness so started Clinitas Soothe pres free with high sodium hylouranate. Tried Systane ultra last week and were not impressed. so have started Clinitas Ultra 3 which are totally different to the soothe. They are not that good at relieving discomfort but still think I need to try them for a while. Still on the cyclosporin ointment at night but now a bit concerned that the petroleum in them is not helping? Had been on it for 2 years. Need to keep my eyes moist at night and the goggles are not that effective, so I dont know at the mo.
      Lulu

Comment

They are not that good at relieving discomfort
        She preferred HLA drops Hycosan and Hyloforte when the eyes were quiet and I thought I saw more tear film on these. But, when she had a conjunctival flareup they stung and she went back to Celluvisc for coverage and comfort. I was hoping the HLA was healing the surface but she has SPK again so we are sticking to Celluvisc for a while. Not sure what this means, just for info on viscous coverage.

Just had great tip to keep some Celluvisc in fridge - she says they feel really good cold with a flareup. This has to reduce inflammation.

Comment

hi Little Mermaid
          I am glad that she finds Cellivisc soothing. I did actually use this in my early days when my eyes first started and again in my first real bad flare in 2007, unfortunately the celluvisc did not agree with me that much and the constant wiping of the crustiness it left and the residue rubbing on my eyeballs caused probs.
          I am probably going to stop using the clinitas 3 today as things really are quite irritated but because of the good press on here re that drop I have persisted with it. I am feeling quite down at the moment with it all and a bit stressed out as things are getting worse not better. Its just so confusing to know just what to do.
          Lulu

Comment

Its just so confusing to know just what to do.
            Hi, lulu. It is. I hope you still have a good relationship with a kind ophth who is up to date on drops - any chance of him having a quick look to see the state of eye surface and MGs? When I ask about this the surface disease guys say 'well, it's whatever suits you'.
            Last edited by littlemermaid; 14-Nov-2011, 06:01.

Comment

Working...
            X