Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worried about the Clinitas 3 (freshcote)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about the Clinitas 3 (freshcote)

Hi
    it concerned as I am now on day Five of my Clinitas 3(freshcote) and am thinking of binning it! I have just read on the subject on here and it seems that it really helps, but for me I am feeling more drier and irritated.
    Now, what I cant work out is whether the interaction between my nightime Cyclosporin ointment is causing this to be worse. I dont feel that confident about this as when I now use the ointment at night, it feels quite uncombtable in my sleep. I wash my eyes out in the morning (carefully) but am just not sure if this is going to make them worse. I am following the tips about wiping off the hard crusty horrid stuff as this is turning my eyelids and subsequently eyeballs into cardboard! I really so want to keep at this but my eyes are now too irritated to research anymore and I am pretty desperate to hear if anyone has any tips or encouragement ?
    Neither do I know how often to use these? I dare not do more than 3 at the most a day. None of the other drops have helped so this is whats left on the table at the mo. I am lower plugged in right eye and scarred shut in the left plug.
    thanking anyone that might be able to help.......
    Lulu

Hi lulu... I haven't used cyclosporine yet, but used a few bottles of Clinitas 3 and found it to be the best drop I"ve used. It did sting my eye when the drop first went in, but lasted for mere seconds. How do you feel when you first apply Clinitas 3 ?... I couldn't say if it's interacting with cyclosporine. They seem to be two unrelated substances in terms of chemical structure.

Comment

Hi DCRdryeye
      It does sting but that is not the thing that bothers me really, I can live with that. Its the other sensations that last as long as its on my eye that makes me think this is not a good one for me. It does really dry not only my eyeball, but the skin and lashline as well. I do follow the advice I have seen on here about wiping the "hardness" off with a damp tissue or cotton wool, which I have had to do. But now the griitiness has a sharp unpleasant quality to it and last night I thought that my eyelids looked a little swollen. I accept that all good things are not always instantly soothing but actually this is causing as much discomfort as ever. I think that 6 days for me is probably enough and my gut instinct is to abandon it at the present time. Which is a shame because so many of you have had such a pleasing result with it. Maybe my eyes are just so bad that anything is simply not going to help at the mo. I am finding that actually after 2 or more installations of any drops, my eyes just feel full of stuff and drier than ever but obviously I do have to put some drops on them. Also when I put any drops in them the grittiness just goes really crazy for a few moments after installation. I have not filiments or anything, the poor things are just so dry and I guess I have to care for them the best I can. Feel a bit upset with it all at the moment.
      Lulu

Comment

the grittiness
        Lulu, do you think you need to be examined again for dot lesions and surface deterioration? It's effective to see your cornea guy for assessment when you're at your worst... (when you saw him last you had some reflex tearing). Whoever's helping you manage this may suggest steroid for a bit to prevent damage?
        Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

I experienced irritation and a feeling of increased dryness using it. My eye doc said I was probably hypersensitive to the preservative so he discontinued it.
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Thanks Little Mermaid for the help again. I did actually have a course of steroids about 2 months ago, and had to discontinue them due to the symptoms ramping up and my eyelid sticking to my cornea when I used the steroid! I think I am uber sensitive to stuff to be honest, which is obviously not helpfull in the least as I do need things. I have seen them twice since this started again, the first time luckily they were not tearing and were dry as heck, he did have a very close look at them, and although I did not ask him about any lesions, he did not mention it. I think he might have done as he does strike me as thorough, but of course I might be wrong. I am seeing them again in December so will ask him very specifically, thats if I dont get to see him before as I supposedly am being booked for a lower right sealing of the punctua as I am not happy with the remianing plug.
            Kitty. Thanks for your reply, I now have stopped the Clinitas and am having problems trying to even get it back to where it was last week! I hope these blasted drops have not confounded things? I guess we have to try and maybe my eyes were bad anyway and it had nothing to do with the drops but these sensations were new so I think not.
            Lulu

Comment

http://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/tissueservic...es/autologous/
              Here's the info on autologous serum drops if you want to talk about it with your consultant. Sounds like he's on the ball and might be up for it if he understands the difficulty of reacting to all available drops, inc steroid, the worsening, the systemic issues. Looks like the referral criteria are negotiable between him and the reviewing consultant, as these things usually are, so he has to make the right case. Although I can't see why it should be a big deal. I think regional teaching hospitals are supplying these fine.
              Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Thanks again Little Mermaid. I did bring this to his attention back in 2009 at the beggining of my last flare. Perhaps they were not as bad as they are now, i think not at that time. However, he did say that he could only refer for blood drops if my sight were threatened, which in his opinion it was not. However, I think that I will mention to him in December when I see him, that I am having problems with most other drops and I will ask him to think about it again. Do you know what other hospitals might be up for this?
                Thanks
                Lulu

Comment

Working...
                X