Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New drops may have destabilised tear film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New drops may have destabilised tear film?

I had recently tried new drops in order to have a go at getting my DES under some form of control. Unfortunately, it may have had the reverse effect!
    What I am wondering, is if this has happened to any body else and for how long have you taken to get back to where you were before starting the new drop? I was getting a bit worse anyhow, but this seems to have sped things up a little, so nice!
    I have already had to swap them over two months ago as my previous drop was proving very ineffective and I was becoming intolerant to it. All my drops are preservative free and I am now back on a combination of Hylo forte and Clinitas Soothe(not ultra 3, thats the culprit)
    It makes one wary of trying anything new, or indeed of cutting anything out. I have decided to stop the cyclosporin ointment which I have been on for two years as I am suspicious that it is not only not working but also adding to the misery. Time will tell, maybe its the only thing keeping me going??????
    Lulu

Lulu, I hate to hear about the trouble your going through. I don't have an answer for what may be your problem but I know from time to time my eyes get to the point sometimes where it seems my drops (sustain ultra) aren't working as well as they were. But sometimes a couple weeks later they seem to help again, some what. I think our eyes go through changing spells sometimes. Few good days and some bad. I hope you find relief soon.

Comment

i know when i took anything with the preservative BAK in it (which is most rx-d drops) my tear film got so unstable. it usually took a good 5-7 days to normalize.i kept using non preserved rewetting drops hoping it would help but it just took time. good luck. i feel your pain
      Jenny

Comment

Oh Lulu, so sorry to hear your having no luck, and another bad spell. I have tried many over the counter drops, and found that I was beginging to have so terrible symptoms, just thought it was from my DES being so bad, I started noticing that the skin around my eyes was looking poorly, all flaky and puffy, had some peeling too, I had switched to only preservative free drops and found that at first I saw an improvement but then same thing began to happen, so I switched again, paying attention to the active ingredients, but when I switched to the sustane ultra, after a short time I began to notice the same symptoms, at that time I noticed my lids were very itchy, well not knowing what to do i tried Similan allergiy eye relief, right now this seems to be the only drop I can use, honestly I don't understand, the drops I had been using were different from each other one was Theratears the other Sustane, both with different active agents, so I'm either super sensitive to both of them or the base. Not sure, just know that these drops don't cause the same syptoms, also noticed since switching that when I wake my eyes are not all crusty either. If they are available to you why not try them? I know you've tried a lot so far, and it gets expensive, but if it can help, its worth it. I still have good and bad spells, and I still dont make any tears of my own. I have my really down spells, there isn't a day that goes by that my eyes are not a issue. I pray for healing for all of us. I hope you feel better soon Lulu ((Hug))

Comment

Working...
        X