This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshkote/Clinitas ultra 3

Just started this treatment last night and so far I am impressed.

I noticed right away that these drops actually ADHERE to my eyes. And now I don't have to apply drops every 20 minutes!!! Wow, lol. I had tried hundreds of dollars worth of drops and gels and none of this snake oil actually adhered to my eyes for some reason. So this is a break through for me.

Today I did my second treatment, then went to Walmart to get last minute Thanksgiving stuff....and usually the lights in Walmart are absolute eye killers, but not today. It wasn't until I walked out 30 minutes later that I noticed that my eyes were not bothered in the least bit by the lights.

Because of high oncotic pressure in the drops you can actually feel the pull in your eyes. If you are dealing with inflammation, this product addresses that issue.

Only downside I can see thus far is the residue and the slight burn when applying them. But that beats having my eyes burn for 20 seconds as opposed to burning 24/7 like they usually are.

Thinking about trying the nighttime ointment now.

By the way, you need a prescription for Freshkote and it's not cheap. But you don't need a prescription to buy it's twin sister, Clinitas Ultra 3 from the UK, and it's less expensive buying it from them.

I'm not advocating self treatment and Dx, just saying this stuff is cleared for OTC use in the UK, and it's cheap...just listed under a different name. And since Dwelle seems to be on backorder here, this is a good subsititue.

I'm so glad I found this site. So much useful information here.

After 5 days of using this drop, my eyes are drier than ever and feel terrible. Trial and error, trial and error...sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by UGH_my_eyes View Post
      By the way, you need a prescription for Freshkote and it's not cheap. But you don't need a prescription to buy it's twin sister, Clinitas Ultra 3 from the UK, and it's less expensive buying it from them.
      Out of curiousity, I googled Clinitas Ultra 3 and saw that you can buy it on Amazon.com. It ships from the UK, but you can order it in the US.

It costs ~$25 USD with shipping for 10ml of Clinitas Ultra 3. Is that less than FreshKote?

Comment

A 15 ml bottle of Freshkote is about 40 bucks. So yeah, it's still cheaper.

But you can get it cheaper than the 25 you would pay on Amazon by ordering directly from the website http://www.clinitas.info/

I have two more unopened bottles of this stuff if anyone is interested. (PM for details)

Comment

I guess it has not worked out for you either then?
          There are clearly a group of us that it simply does not suit. I am still suffering, two weeks after stopping that stuff and wonder if it will even go back to what it was before the drop?
          At least you tried it and its one of the list.
          Lulu

Comment

Yep. Seemed great the first day. I'm guessing it was the result of placebo or something.

Same thing here, lulu. I went backwards as the result of this drop!

I know you are supposed to stick with it for a while before you quit, but there's just no way I could continue that drop. My eyes felt awful and the visual disturbances were even worse than normal.

Originally posted by lulu View Post
            I guess it has not worked out for you either then?
            There are clearly a group of us that it simply does not suit. I am still suffering, two weeks after stopping that stuff and wonder if it will even go back to what it was before the drop?
            At least you tried it and its one of the list.
            Lulu

Comment

I had a bit of a problem with residue from my other drops before using the clinitas 3, and yes that drop was very residue forming from day one. Now i am having big residue problems from my old drops as the eyes are drier than ever.
              Its in no doubt that clinitas 3 has indeed been a good choice for some, however, if it does not suit one, it REALLY does not suit one. Other drops I have tried have not been that helpfull but they sure as hell have not done this to my eyes. I am willing to accept that maybe they were getting worse, but it is just so much of a coincidence that it happened whilst using this. About two days after finishing it I desperately gave the steroid a second go and dropped one drop into the eyes, knowing that it had not agreed with me the first time. That was not a good move either, I am not talking moderate discomfort here. About an hour after using it, I know all about it. So with 6 days of clinitas 3 and a steroid drop, I seemed to have mucked them up a bit.
              Hope yours settle soon though. Maybe you have to be producing some tears in order to deal with the mild preservative in them?
              Lulu

Comment

Yep, same thing happened to me! Systane and Theratears used to be residue free, now I have gobs of residue with these drops! Good grief.

Very dissapointing, lulu, because you can pretty much cross dwelle off the "to try list" too....because it's a Holly drop and virtually the same thing as Freshkote. I had hoped to try Dwelle whenever the dryeye shop got some more in stock.

Running out of options. Maybe I'll try restasis even though it costs a arm and a leg...or maybe plugs can give some relief. This burn is around the clock now and is beyond annoying.

Do the steroids help you? It seemed to help with my light sensitivity a bit, but it also burned my eyes like crazy. I only had a week supply with no refills. Going to see another eye doc next week(number 4)

Comment

No Steroids did not help at all, really dried them out and intolerable discomfort. I seem to have become sensitive to a lot more than I used to be. Bit of a bugger really. Had an awful day today so just need to think about this condition in perhaps another way, just not sure where to start.
                  I hope you soon start to at least get back to where you were before the drop introduction. I think we notice the residue more because that drop has destabilised the tear film?
                  Lulu x

Comment

Originally posted by lulu View Post
                    I think we notice the residue more because that drop has destabilised the tear film?
                    Lulu x
                    I think that has to be it. Thing is, I thought my tear film was already about as destabilized as it could get. Had no idea it could get worse(it evaporates so quick)

Comment

Working...
                    X