Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I am allergic to Genteal Gel after using it for 2 years!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I am allergic to Genteal Gel after using it for 2 years!

I have been using Genteal Gel along with a steroid and Celluvisc for about 2 years under an opthamologist's care. I have blepharitis so I have very dry eyes. I use all three of these things 6 times a day. The Genteal Gel has started to burn my eyes. The problem is I can't find another daytime gel that is preservative free. I won't call the doctor because a nurse always calls back and they know nothing.

Does anyone know of an alternative gel for daytime use with no preservatives available in St. Louis, MO?

I'd really apprecate the info. Thanks!

You could try Thera Tears Liquid Gel drops. I really like them and they do not have any perservativesat all. (Genteal gel does have a preservative - it supposedly dissapears on contact with the eye.)

http://www.drugstore.com/theratears-...97?catid=97974

Good luck.

Comment

That's how all my chemical hypersensitivities are. I can use something for years before I become sensitive to it, then have to start searching for new products, on the shelves and online.

Have you checked Rebecca's list of lubricating drops at Dry Eye Zone to see if there are any p-free gel drops you haven't tried? She lists which ones are p-free and which have the same active ingredients, so you can compare. And you can probably order online from Amazon or any number of websites if not available locally.

Comment

This summer, I wondered if they changed the formula, because the exact same thing happened to me. However, it just so happens that I don't miss it!

--Liz

Comment

Working...
        X