Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried putting full strength castor oil (undiluted) in their eyes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried putting full strength castor oil (undiluted) in their eyes?

Has anyone tried putting full strength castor oil (that hasn't been diluted) in their eyes?

If so, did it help? Any negative effects?

Hi
    I do have a bottle of castor oil that I brought about 2 months ago from the net, it is full strength organic oil.
    As yet I have not had the courage to drop it in my eye, I did however smear it over my upper eyelid about a week ago and I guess some of it migrated onto my eye. It was so thick but was absorbed by my eyelid skin very quickly! I have used vitamin e oil on them a few months ago and it did help a little but I decided not to keep on with it as I was worried what it would do in the long term. I also put the vitamin e oil on my eyelid but could feel its effect on my eye. I used the natural form of vitamin e and not the synthetic version that you can find in some health food shops. It was from a capsule that I broke on my face and gently rubbed it in.
    Its a risk but when deperation calls!
    Lulu

Comment

Have no fear of putting pure castor oil in your eyes....we use castor oil in aviation maintenance....airline aircraft hydraulic fluid is called Skydrol....its like paint thinner and if you get it in your eyes, nothing gets the burning skydrol out of your eyes like castor oil...every mechanic has a bottle in his tool box....I used it when my eyes were really dry and painful at night...it provided relief so I could sleep but did not improve my dry eye condition....my MGs are 100% blocked....successful cautery in all 4 punctal openings has provided full relief from the pain of dry eye....

Comment

Hi There-

Yes, I do use full strength castor oil in my eye. However, to be safe, I took it to my lab and sterilized it using an 8uM filter and put it into sterile bottles. There's always the risk of bacterial contamination with something straight off the shelf that isn't sterile, just consider this before you use it.

I do like the castor oil however. And since Allergan stopped making their refresh endura this was my homemade way to get around this. I find I get lots of very "unrefreshing" tearing late in the day (lots of tears, but my eyes still don't feel good), but the castor oil helps with this quite a bit and the effect lasts for several hours.

If you are leery of using something unsterile, have a compounding pharmacy do it for you. They can do a full strength preparation.

Good luck,
        MLE

Comment

Very interesting stuff guys! Thank you

djb: you had all 4 puncta cauterized and you are now cured, even without your meibomian glands functioning? Wow... Could you tell me more about your story such as how you got dry eyes in the first place and all the things you tried before cautery? Thank you.

Comment

Dry eyes prior to Lasik.
            Feb. 2000 Lasik surgery....too dry to see after Lasik.
            Went through every plug known to man...would fall in or out.
            Went to cautery....cautery would reopen....been cauterized multiple times by different doctors.
            Finally, last year found a doctor who successfully cauterized me....holding so far and now I can see without pain.
            There are occasional days of irritation depending on weather/allergies.
            Have to deal with epiphora which is a pain but worth it compared to the pain of dry eye...hope this helps...take care...djb.....

Comment

Been using thick gloops of organic pure caster oil on my outer eyelids at night when i go to sleep for 3 weeks now. Cant say theres been any improvement in my dry eye. BUT, it is helping with morning dryness to an extent, and any crusting from the drops are easier to get off in the morning after the oil has sat on my lashes all night. So will continue to use it for that reason.

Check on youtube, a gurl claims to have cured her dry eye from using this caster oil like this. But she had corneal erosions so maybe it aided with that in the night and allowed her to heal.
              I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
              X