This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muro comments and questions

Okay, I know I am supposed to use Muro with the direction of eye doctor. I couldn't help wondering if this drop might be of help so I gave it a try in just my right eye.

It stung like crazy for a couple of minutes. Once the stinging had subsided, my eye felt amazingly comfortable. . . the most comfortable that it has been in a long time.

I am wondering if this drop might actually be what I need. When I had the tear osmolarity test done, my eyes came out on the low side of normal. I have been using Oasis tears, a hypotonic drop because I had come to believe that dry eye results in a hyper-osmolarity tear film. I'm wondering how common it would be to have dry eyes and yet still benefit from a hypertonic eye drop, such as Muro? Is there a specific profile to the dry eyes that benefit from Muro? I don't get abrasions, but I have been told that I still have some edema on my eye 7 months post lasik. Would the Muro help with this edema?

I am seeing my eye doctor in a week or so, but I would really like to know what others have experienced with Muro drops.

Muro is formulated for treating edema... Don't know the answer to the real question though. I know very few people in any situation who actually like (much less benefit from) Muro drops (as opposed to ointment) but I think almost all of them - the ones I know personally that is - are Fuchs Dystrophy patients.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X