This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muro 128

can someone please tell me what muro-128 ointment does for dry eyes and how long can I use it thanks Ronnie.

Hi Ronnie,

As I understand it, Muro 128 is used for corneal swelling (edema). It is not a dry eye ointment and can further dry your eyes. If your doctor has confirmed that you have corneal edema, then it is worth asking him about using muro.

I did have long standing edema after my lasik surgery. I tried muro recently and found that it took away some of the aching feeling I was having. I don't use it nightly.

If you are looking for an ointment for dry eyes, you might consider trying Refresh PM or Genteal Gel.

Comment

I have very dry eyes. Muro 128 is very soothing. It does not dry my eyes more. My eye doc said it was safe to use. Best that you check with your doctor first.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Thanks for adding your experience Kitty! Do you use the drop or the ointment? I find the drops stings like crazy, but that afterwards my eye usually 'feels' better, less 'raw' feeling.

Comment

The drops only make my DES worse. The ointment feels wonderful. I don't use it every night, only when my night dryness flares and I tend to get small erosions as a result.
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Do you think the ointment does anything to help with the MGD? I get fine grain like deposits on my lashes in the morning. I also sometimes wake up with my eyes feeling sore. Last couple of nights I have taped the sorer eye and I don't wake up with the same sore feeling. I suspect I sleep with my eyes partially open. . . I will have to try the muro ointment.

Comment

Working...
            X