Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polyethylene Glycol Carcinogen? Please advice me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polyethylene Glycol Carcinogen? Please advice me.

Hello, i'm 22 and i'm new to this, i suffer from very bad allergies all year long and dry eyes when i wake up in the morning and sometimes during the day. It all started after moving into a new house 7 years ago. I've see an ophthalmologist and he gave me some eyedrops "Blink Tears". I haven't gone to an allergist yet, maybe they would help me alot more but who knows i think i'm already screwed by now So my question is, i've been using this eye drops alot, the doctor said i could use them as needed, i've been over using them way more lately since my eyes are more dry now that the winter is here and we have to keep the heater on. I still can't find anywhere anything that says that it could be bad to over use lubricating tears other than having to depend on them after a while, but i did find that Polyethylene Glycol could be a carcinogen? So i'm a little scared of using this tears, can any of you tell me if this is true? And if i'm safe to continue using this eyedrops? Thank you in advance and my name is Josselyn

Hi
    I used to use polyethylene glycol, but no longer can tolerate it, try blink sodium hylaurante individual drops if you are concerned, this tends to have a less irritating profile for me, but is not perfect by no means.
    Polyethylene is a chemical compound present in many things, cosmetics particularly. It depends where you read really, there are sites I have been on that scream danger about some chemicals and with very good reason. I recently found out that ASDA supermarket own brand eye mist has a chemical in it that turns to formaldehyde when in contact with your eye!! No wonder I had problems with it. I think you have to be a bit careful what you take on board, medical papers and research are good ones to regard well but sites which are trying to sell you something tend to get a little hot under the collar with anything synthetic. Even organic compounds can be dangerous as they tend to bind to cell recptors quickly, mutate them and cause thier death.
    Lulu

Comment

Working...
    X