Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thera Tears liguigel 1% CMC Killing My Eyes..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thera Tears liguigel 1% CMC Killing My Eyes..

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to find a good tear for night time. The last 2 nights I used the thera tears the first night I kinda liked it. I slept well but woke up with crusty lashes eyes glued together. I used a warm water soak with salt in it and my eyes felt better than they felt in a while(a little). The 2nd night I my eyes weren't feeling bad until I put them in. God I woke up serveral times and was up for hours and I kept washing my eyes out. I was up for hours. Well today eyes killing me. I was better off putting nothing in. I don't want to use an ointment because I have occular rosacea and I think it will give me a problem. I've used freshkote, don't like it hurts my eyes and refresh optive with preservative slightly better than freshkote. Someone on here recommended Muro drops which I may try. Any suggestions? I think its the CMC = methycellulous that killed me. I am looking at Oasis. Does anyone like that one?

"I used a warm water soak.....WITH SALT!!" Thera tears boast, is that there drops coat your eye surface as to avoid the salt content of your tears stinging your eyes.
    Therefore is using Salt such a good idea Lisa?.. Try another Brand Lisa, it's a bit of a Black art trying to find the best drops for the indivual; trial and error...
    Myself Our N.H.S and others use Celluvisc 1%, it's almost like Gel and in preservative free vials.
    It will no-doubt be called something other than Celluvisc in U.S and Canada, perhaps someone could advise?.. Oh and it is not expensive either!.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin P View Post
      "I used a warm water soak.....WITH SALT!!" Thera tears boast, is that there drops coat your eye surface as to avoid the salt content of your tears stinging your eyes.
      Therefore is using Salt such a good idea Lisa?.. Try another Brand Lisa, it's a bit of a Black art trying to find the best drops for the indivual; trial and error...
      Myself Our N.H.S and others use Celluvisc 1%, it's almost like Gel and in preservative free vials.
      It will no-doubt be called something other than Celluvisc in U.S and Canada, perhaps someone could advise?.. Oh and it is not expensive either!.
      Hi Collin, Actually Dr. Latkany told me that I can soak with the salt water. That is not what bothered me. It was the the thera tears. Thanks for your advice. Anyone else with suggestions? Oasis tears?

Comment

Hi Lisa,

I hear you. . . I am one of those few people that really does not like CMC in the eyes. I always feel like there is something glued to my eyes when I use it. I end up flushing it out with some other drops. I was using Endura tears by Refresh (not available in US, but still available in Canada). I found that after several weeks they started to irritate by eyes. I try to go as long as I can without using drops because I find that after the initial wet feeling, my eyes just end up feeling worse.

For the past three days I have gone back to Oasis Tears. I find they are the most gentle on my eyes. They can sometimes feel a bit sticky, but at least they don't feel gluey. I had been using lubricants but I don't think they made my eyes feel better and they ended up irritating my lids.

You really need to play around to see what works for you. I like to have my eyes sealed close for the night with saran wrap or a taped on eye patch. I don't really like the feel of a tight head band and am worried about an eye mask shifting through the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeful2 View Post
          Hi Lisa,

I hear you. . . I am one of those few people that really does not like CMC in the eyes. I always feel like there is something glued to my eyes when I use it. I end up flushing it out with some other drops. I was using Endura tears by Refresh (not available in US, but still available in Canada). I found that after several weeks they started to irritate by eyes. I try to go as long as I can without using drops because I find that after the initial wet feeling, my eyes just end up feeling worse.

For the past three days I have gone back to Oasis Tears. I find they are the most gentle on my eyes. They can sometimes feel a bit sticky, but at least they don't feel gluey. I had been using lubricants but I don't think they made my eyes feel better and they ended up irritating my lids.

You really need to play around to see what works for you. I like to have my eyes sealed close for the night with saran wrap or a taped on eye patch. I don't really like the feel of a tight head band and am worried about an eye mask shifting through the night.
          Hi hopeful thanks for your response! My husband said to me aren't you afraid the saran wrap might shift over your nose and you will suffocate? I told him he is being a little ridiculous. He may be right. Anyway, yeah I'm thinking the same thing about the drops. Too much starts to aggravate the eyes. I may order some oasis but I may try the muro drops first. Do you take any supplements? I saw that you posted on the thread in the "introductions" that link to naturaleyecare.com. Do you use the probiotics from that site and the ora thymus? I'm tempted to buy those. I have some probiotics that I've been taking but I don't think the brand is so good its natrol and it doesn't have as many ingred as the GI flora on that website. It seems like a better brand.
          Lisa

Comment

Working...
          X