Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

celluvisic drops for night? do they help?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• celluvisic drops for night? do they help?

i was told by a new doc that since i wake up with dry eyes i prob sleep with them a little open as a lot of people do. she suggested celluvisic drops by refresh..i dont want to use ointment as i am afraid it clog my glands..

has anyone tried these drops at night? do they help? thanks everyone!
    Jenny

Jenny...I have had good luck using the Celluvisic eye drops before bed. I have learned to first put a less viscious drop in (I use Refresh Plus or Optive) and let the drop work for a few minutes then I put in the drop of Celluvisic. If my eyes are really dry, and I skip the first drop, the Celluvisic will not be comfortabe and sometimes stick to my upper lid. I can usually get thru the night doing this. It does leave some debris in the AM but nothing compared to an ointment. Good Luck!

Comment

They work for me Jenny! i use them at night after taking advice from another forum member, over here (U.K) they come in 1% or 0.5% i use the 1% and they are a drop but the closest thing to Gel. Also the 0.5% costs twice as much!!.
      1% costs me £6 for 28 preservative free vials.

Comment

thanks so much!!!
        Jenny

Comment

can you only use the vial 1 night or 2 nights?
          Jenny

Comment

I open a new vial every night and use it the next day. I put the cap back on the vial and keep it in the fridge. I make sure I throw away after 24 hours...just to be safe.

Comment

Hey i tried the drops last night and i everytime i woke up i had to put more in as my eyes were very dry.. i also had a lot of the drop all around my eyes--not sure if that means i sleep with my eyes partially open or if i just put too much of the drop in..it could be due to both... does anyone else exerience this?
              Jenny

Comment

Jenny, i know it's very difficult, but try and sleep right through and if you do wake up, dont try and open your eyes! i woke once last night and it felt like my right eye was a little stuck? left them closed, and woke again at intended time, eye no-longer felt stuck, but even then, dont attempt to open your eyes just yet! fumble your way to the bathroom run the hot tap, when water is warm, bathe your eyes a few times- the warm water helps to loosen lid from eye go back to bed for 5mins then open slowly, use a warm cloth resting on your eyes also if you like?. Opening your eyes in the middle of the night is the worst thing you can do. Try and use sleeping aids if that helps? a normal dark eye mask perhaps? i use foam disposable ear plugs at night. And dont stay up late!!!!...

Comment

ColinP, You can have Celluvisc or whatever ongoing on NHS GP prescription. The ophth should have sent the GP a letter with diagnosis and recommended treatment. You really are entitled to this. If you are on repeat prescription for anything else, you could even just add it on with a note 'refer to ophth letter + approx month' so they can check the file. If there's a query, just make a GP appointment for review. Is it cheaper just to buy eyedrops yourself?
                  Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Sure is L.M! they are £5.40 per box. The 0.5% is £10 per box.
                    I dont waste money me L.M's mum! some say i'm as tight as Cramp!/2x coats of paint/a submarine door etc-etc....

Comment

thanks Colin! I do tend to stay up late--bad i know.. lol.. and yes wheni wake up i open my eyes wide.. bad habit i have had my whole life--- i used to be a total night owl.... i also take ambien to sleep.. what kind of eye mask should i get? i dont like tranquileyes.. too bulky
                      Jenny

Comment

Just an ordinary sleep mask? like people use on aeroplanes(not the pilot). You know, them black ones velcro fastener at the back. You will have a job opening your eyes with that on-lol. Will ensure you dont get tempted to open them, will ensure your eyes stay completely shut while sleeping, and you should get a full nights sleep!.
                        Will take one or two nights to find out if youre adjusting it too tight or loose for you- cos you dont want either of them two.

Comment

Ha! Just in case it's useful for anyone, we have got an NHS hospital prescription for 6/day Celluvisc 1% ie 4 x box of 30 per month, ongoing (no ducks involved) that is fulfilled by the GP practice (tetchy about their budget), but that's how the hosp pharmacy keeps costs down. (Pilot... lol)

Comment

Aaaaarggghhh!!!!!. I should have known better! there is only one organisation meaner than me; The National Health Service... They are as tight as a fish's Butt!.
                            I'd forgot you can have more than 1 box per prescription-DOH!.. Co-incidently it was announced today that prescriptions are going up in April to £7.25!..
                            And we are the only one's in the British Isles who pay for prescriptions, Scotland and Wales they are FREE!!, what's all that about??..

Comment

Yes... Also I am certainly not suggesting that people fulfil their ophth prescription in the hospital pharmacy, plus order 1m repeat from GP practice, so as to ensure they don't run out of essentials.

Comment

Working...
                              X