Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Except eyedrop,which method you are taking?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Except eyedrop,which method you are taking?

I feel using eyedrop makes my eyes more painful.I wonder if you have some better methods?

Maybe Saline drops? they will give you lubrication.

Comment

Yep, ColinP's right - we're trying saline Minims to try to reduce reaction.
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

What are 'Minims'? I have seen this used a few times now and am still wondering what it refers to. I am assuming this is British terminology.

I used saline (non preserved) the other night, after expressing some oils, and the saline stung like crazy! . . . Anyone have any idea why saline might be stinging? I then went and used Bion drops and they didn't sting at all. I don't know if it is connected, but sometimes my tears are now stinging when I cry. I used to find the tears from crying to be very soothing.

Comment

Thank's L.M-lol... Hopefull, at a guess i would say it is the salt content in your own tears that are causing the 'stinging' on your under-protected eye surface?.
          Thera tears boast on in there instructions that there drops protect the eye surface from your own salt content in tears.
          It realy is a 'Black art' finding out which drops are the preferrence for each person.
          Try 'googleing' saline drops or 'minims' ive been given them once(minims) and was advised they are the closest thing to NO ingrediants almost saline.
          Im not sure if saline drops are what doctors use for cleaning/bathing your eyes should you accidently get something in there?.
          Maybe Rebecca has got some Saline vials in the 'dry-eye zone shop'? or could advise where to get them? I can-not find them on the shelves, over here in U.K..

Comment

Hey dude ~ Bausch & Lomb Minims saline 0.9%. http://www.medicines.ie/medicine/709...Minims+Saline/
            Any pharmacist worth their salt <ha> should be able to get these - has to be good pharmacy with online catalogues to order from, my current fave is Lloyds. I've always thought 'Minims' is the Bausch & Lomb format, the handy little single-use vial with twist-off top. When we have used expensive or difficult to get Minims, we replace the top, keep them in an egg cup in the fridge, and use them through one day, then bin.
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeful2 View Post
              What are 'Minims'? I have seen this used a few times now and am still wondering what it refers to. I am assuming this is British terminology.
              A minim is a unit of fluid measure. One minim is approx equal to one drop.

In Canada and the US, we usually talk in milliliters. For instance, we can purchase sterile saline in 3ml or 5ml vials (e.g., sterile saline - sodium chloride 0.9%).

You can also get them from a pharmacy. They are behind the counter and you must ask. No Rx needed.

You can also order/buy a box of 100 vials from a pharmacy or online.
              Last edited by spmcc; 15-Mar-2012, 16:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace2 View Post
                I feel using eyedrop makes my eyes more painful.I wonder if you have some better methods?
                Hi Grace,

If you're wondering what else you can do for your eyes except drops, then the answer depends on your diagnosis. If you are 'only' aqueous deficient, then perhaps punctal plugs could help (with drops). On the other hand, if you have meibomian gland dysfunction, then warm compresses, lid scrubs, manual expressions, oil-based drops and other treatments may be needed.

Additionally, you may have a combination of the two (or more problems such as allergies). And so the treatments will differ again.

You may also be having trouble with the drops you've tried because your eyes may be reacting negatively to the active ingredients and/or the preservative in the drop. There are many possibilities.

But first you need to see a doctor for a clear diagnosis. Rebecca has a page on how to get a better diagnosis.

Good luck,
                Sheila

Comment

thank you for all your reply

I reduce the time of using computer.I find it is useful to message my face and my eye.

Comment

Less sugar

Less sugar Better?

Comment

Working...
                    X