Thera tears liquid gel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thera tears liquid gel?

I have been a long time user of thera tears, and love them, the problem I have and what others have is they give me literally a minute of relief, I notice there is a liquid gel, but it was hard to find for me, I had to order some off ebay, should be here next week.

For anyone who has tried them I am curious how they are.

I need a gel, or ointment, right now I have to use lacri-lube during the day because my dry eye is so bad, it is the only thing that stays in my eyes, drops will be sucked up in seconds and the dry cracked bloodshot eyes appear within minutes. I am just curious if this gel lasts a while, and how good is it?

I have tried the TheraTears liquid gel, but find it to make my eyes feel more dry than the regular TheraTears in the vials. I have tried using it at night. I wake up to a dry eye crusty mess! Everyone is different though. Let me know if they work for you.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I have to agree - I personally dont like the gel drops, they made my eyes feel 'full' and didnt give much relief and like kitty said, eyes all crusty in the morning, worse than with any other gel type drops Ive used. I prefer the regular drops.

Comment

I agree - I did not like the TheraTears gel - it and any of the gels that have Carboxymethylcellulose have not worked well for me at all.

At night I use Muro128 5% ointment - which my doctor recommended because of a torn cornea. It is not perscription but must be requested at the pharmacy desk. I would ask your doctor about using it first but it works well for me. I reapply it 1-2 times during the night and wear the Eyeeco goggles for the first 1/2 of the night.

Comment

Thera Tears gel

Hi,
          I founf the gel to be very comforting in my eye for a minute or so and then a scratchy feeling. It was discovered that I was not doing the early morning routine of warming the eyees with a rice bag and then using the acusoft to remove any eye "debris" that had built up during the night and this was then "mixing" with the gel. Maybe it might be worth giving it a try after you have done your morning routine. A more viscous drop also lasts longer. I use Allergan Refresh Liquigel. Your eyes sound exceptionally painful, like mine. I use an eye mask at night when sleeping with an ointment in my eye - Allergan Refresh P.M.

Good Luck, I hope this helps.

Maggie123

Comment

I did not like the Thera Tears gel. It felt thick and dry in my eyes, not the "drink" that the PF free regular drops give me.
            Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I agree with the majority and didn't care for TheraTears Gel. I do like the drops, however.
              Lucy
              Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
              X