Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just threw all my drops in the garbage ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just threw all my drops in the garbage ...

I opened my fridge, and in the side door where the jam and creamer I had a couple boxes of assorted drops ... and I was sick of looking at them. I stopped using all drops 3 weeks ago and have been hesitant to throw them out.

My house looks like a pharmacy. Drops in the fridge, drops in the bathroom medicine cabinet, in the closet, on the shelf, etc. They are even in my car. I think I had a dozen different kinds.

I don't mean to be a jerk - because many people can't just do what I did. But, I did want to share what I did since it felt GREAT. And I was told that positive energy can help others (last week I did not think that was the case and my therapist corrected me).

So in any case that felt great!

I still have one unopened box and a half opened box of blink preservative free and one tube of refresh PM that I am still clinging on to (not sure why). Those will go soon.

Anyway, I am feeling great today. And cleaning out my fridge of drops was awesome.

I can't wait to do the same thing to all the medicine's I am on for anxiety and depression. The day will come... I know it!

Cheers,
    Tom

I am picturing that as a poignant and cathartic moment. Good work Tom!!!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I truly admire your courage, your will to fight, and that positive spirit !!!

Comment

Wish I could throw my eye drops in the garbage! Tommy if I remember correctly your job involves quite a bit of PC use. How are you finding using a PC now? Do you still use your goggles when using the PC and how do your eyes react to PC use?

Comment

I personally think you made a good move,as I quit all drops except Restasis over 2 years ago and my eyes have even somewhat improved.
          I only used preservative free drops at that time and I think I tried every brand on the market(plus numerous prescription drops) and sadly tossed out a fortune but without any noticeable change.
          I am wishing you continued progress!!!! Good Luck

Comment

Robster - yes I stare at the screen all day long. I am on vacation this week, so very little screen time. I am wearing the cheap onion's right now. Last week I worked a few hours here and there without the goggles on. So the goggles almost always help me, and the drops never did, except for the first 20 seconds.

I bought a pair of cheap onions and I also bought a pair of Oakley's with the wind gasket. They were expensive, but after wearing one pair of the same glasses, my face would hurt. Anyway the Oakley's are cool ... I do look a little scary in them, but they help a ton when on the computer and I can wash them. I really can't wash these onion goggles.

I hope each day, my dependance lessons on the goggles. But, if I have to use them for computer use, then so be it.

Hang in there Robster

Comment

My dry eyes started in last september. In november i went to my first eye doctor appointment. I went to two different eye doctors after that, and all the three precribed me 'lubricants' drops (the first one also prescribed me anti-inflammatory drops for 5 days). I used those lubricants eye drops for 3 months, and getting worse. What helped me was the goggles (Wile-X).
              I have discovered that those 'lubricants eye drops' are useless for me. They make things worse for me. I have never tried the preservative free ones, but i don't think they would be much better (or less worse). i have tried an homeopathic drop with no positive effects either.
              The best "drop" for me is expressing my lids (and i do it at the work, on the street, whenever i think a need to get some relief). I will try coconut oil in the eyes sooner or later. At least if it didn't work i can eat it!!! ) The eye drops are not even useful for that!
              I'm using an indian ayuverdic drop since four days ago, called Netramritam (it can be purchased on the internet), and i can say that, at least til today, it is the first drop that makes my eyes feel better.

The fourth eye doctor i went to (the one i really liked, but didn't return to him because i was trying homeopathy at the time), said that in some cases eye drops can make things worse, so he wanted to investigate better what was happening to my eyes.

Best whishes

Comment

I have tried coconut oil in the past two days, as my ayurvedic Netramritam eye drop has finished. I put coconut oil with my fingers aroudo my eyes and eye lids at night. It stings in contact with my eyes. And that feeling remains while coconut oil is in the eye lids (so in contact with the eyes). The eyes get moist, but keeps burning because of the coconut oil. In the next day i felt my eyes moister, but i don't know if i would be better with or without putting coconut oil in the night before.

Comment

I tried coconut oil on a whim, the product looked great, but as an eye-drop it was useless. Cloraphenicol? [an anti-biotic] is much better but if you put too much in your eyes the excess will run down the back of your throat and into your stomach and it poisons you. If you have an ulcer or stomach trouble like Reflux Reaction you must stay well clear of it or your going to be in great pain. Whats worse it takes years to heal your stomach again.

Comment

if you put too much in your eyes the excess will run down the back of your throat and into your stomach and it poisons you
                    Not necessary - press closed the puncta (tear drains, inner eye corner next to nose) for a while after instilling drops, with eyes closed. Then, wipe around the eyes with clean cotton wool or tissue to remove excess. Good techniques to avoid systemic absorption and spreading around skin where not needed or not good, especially with steroid eyedrops.
                    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
                    X