Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Night-Time Gel Ointment. Which do you guys suggest??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night-Time Gel Ointment. Which do you guys suggest??

I currently use Gen-Teal Night-Time ointment.
    I was wondering if any of you other night-time ointments users have any suggestions as to if there is a better comforting one/better price/ etc.

I like it, but if I don't put a lot (which I don't since its a bit pricy) my eyes will be a tad bit on the dry side, to where I do need to use a few Refreshe Drops. When i used to put gobs of it, my eyes were fine.

thanks!

Using Duratears, it is a gel type, found it more lasting than Visdisic gel

Comment

Have you tried using ointment with an eye covering? If your eyes are opening during the night, even a tiny bit, you'll have more moisture loss. There's a number of things out there, regular sleep eye masks, TranquilEyes, plastic wrap (that's what I use).
      As my dry eye disease progressed, I found that the ointments weren't enough for me and I'm also sensitive to some of the ingredients (mineral oil is in Refresh PM Sensitive and a number of others). I started using sleep masks, then TranquilEyes (stomach sleeper, that was hard on me) and finally plastic wrap. I've found using the plastic wrap, I can get away with using regular RefreshPlus drops before bedtime. My eyes are usually dry when I wake up but unlike before, I don't wake up during the night needing to put drops in.

Comment

I use Genteal Gel or Muro 128 OINTMENT
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by PotatoCakes View Post
          Have you tried using ointment with an eye covering? If your eyes are opening during the night, even a tiny bit, you'll have more moisture loss. There's a number of things out there, regular sleep eye masks, TranquilEyes, plastic wrap (that's what I use).
          No I haven't. And I'm a bit worried because every since I posted this post, my eyes seem to be getting drier and drier each morning as the day goes on, is it just because summer is here and there's a lot of allergens? We have our humidifier on medium. :/ it's just a sucky feeling to wake up and have your lids feel glued to you eyeballs.

Comment

I don't like using the ointments, even though my doctor suggests that I do. When I use them, my eyes remain blurry most of the next day. I use Genteal Gel. I used to keep it at my bedside and when I awoke during the night, I would put some more in my eyes. I think the best thing that I have found is the Tranquileyes goggles. They have helped my eyes feel much better and I use less gel during the night and don't require as many drops during the day.

Comment

where do i get info on these goggles?

Comment

Right on this site. Go to the store section. There is a lot of info on how to use.

Comment

Vivian, I find the ointment lasts much longer for me than gel. I use Muro 128 ointment for a special condition of the eyes; it's an OTC ointment, but usually only used if that particular brand is prescribed. The ointment does make my eyes all blurry for the early hrs of the nite, but for me, it doesn't affect how I see the next day. Does it do that even if you only put a tiny dot of that in the eye? The Onyix goggles I've begun using at nite. They would likely help alot. Rebecca also has lots of information in other places on the website. You could take a look at the "quick links" section on the site.

Maria

Comment

So since I've posted this I've noticed when I wake up my left eye is irritated and inflamed. So I think maybe its time to find a new ointment to use.

Comment

Here's some info on TranquilEyes: http://www.dryeyezone.com/encycloped...nquileyes.html

Comment

Hi Vivian,
                        I tried using a gel at night, but when I woke in the morning, my eyes were glued shut too. Systane Ointment worked the best for me. The others irritated my eyes. Not using anything now. Just keep drops next to the bed for using first thing in the morning. Systane ointment contains petroleum jelly and mineral oil.

Comment

Hi Vivian!
                          My mom is using LacriLube ointment before going to bed. In the morning, she has 4 good hours before the pain comes back.

Cheers,
                          Rachel

Comment

Originally posted by LaDiva View Post
                            Hi Vivian,
                            I tried using a gel at night, but when I woke in the morning, my eyes were glued shut too. Systane Ointment worked the best for me. The others irritated my eyes. Not using anything now. Just keep drops next to the bed for using first thing in the morning. Systane ointment contains petroleum jelly and mineral oil.
                            Systane Night Time has worked best for me as well. Genteal PM made my eyes go bonkers. They were so red an puffy in the morning I looked like I was high on something. No such issues with Systane's ointment. I think it's because it has the smallest amount of mineral oil compared to other ointments.

Comment

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried refreshe PM and that seems to work ok. Once I run out I'm going to give Systane a try, if that works good, I'm also gong to try Genteal. I will experiement and see which one will work best! Thank you all!

Comment

Working...
                              X