This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision through glasses blurry unless using drops

I hate wearing glasses, but right now I have to because somehow I managed to get corneal ulcers on one of my eyes. Does anyone with dry eye issues have problems seeing clearly out of your glasses unless you constantly use eye drops to re-wet your eyes? After the drops, I see clearly for about 2 minutes, then its off to the blurs again. I do see the opthamologist on Wed, but I just want to know if that's normal for wearing glasses or if it is an issue I should discuss.

My background: I'm 29 years old, female, and live in the US. My eyes have bugged me on and off for years, usually one eye, than the other, ect. This last time, I went to the doctor because I thought I was having allergies. She gave me a refill of Singulair and antibiotic drops in case it was pinkeye. I used those drops for 2 weeks, and when it didn't improve, I saw an opthamologist. I was told I have corneal ulcers and have to go without contacts until they heal. I got a different antibiotic, and once they healed over, a steroid to help with the horrible redness, photophobia, and pain I had. The steroids are doing great, but now I can't see unless I put Refresh or systane in my eyes like every 15 min.

u have got same symptom as mine.
    This topic was discussed earlier here.I will sum up in short.

Eyes surface needs to be clear with proper tear layer onto it to see clearly and "clear continuously"
    When surface is not managed we see blurry.Eye drops makes surface clear as soon as we instill drops and as it clears off, we get back to blurry vision.

I have the same symptom and probably Rebecca and a few other members also have the same problem

Rebecca advised me to use any RGP contact lense to improve vision in such cases.Boston Scleral Lenses might help you to improve vision.If you do not know what these are, google it.

I would be interested to know what your eyecare doctor says when u present this problem to him/her.
    I have had corneal ulcers in past and corneal irregularity is always present there.
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

Definitely an issue you should discuss with the doctor.

Is the blur consistent, i.e. always there except immediately after drops?

When you're in the middle of healing from something as substantial as a corneal ulcer things can be very unstable for awhile with fluctuating vision. Or just plain poor vision (even with glasses) for awhile due to edema etc.

When you see the doctor, in order to know where you're at it would be helpful to get a full refraction and get the numbers from them. What I'm talking about is the test where they try various lenses in front of your eyes and ask "Better 1, or better 2?" etc. What you need to know from this test is:
      (1) What is my best-corrected visual acuity? (without putting drops in immediately before). BCVA means the best vision you can achieve with glasses, and it's expressed as 20/whatever.
      (2) What prescription gets me my BCVA? (That's the lenses that gave your best results during the exam.) That will be expressed as numbers for sphere and cylinder (near/farsighted and astigmatism).
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X