Systane free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systane free

Has any one tried this latest eye drop by alcon 'systane free' more of a lubricant than a drop that doesnt blur apparently.

Theres a write up here: http://www.eyeworld.org/article.php?sid=3251

http://www.systane.com/consumer/SYST...nimal_Blur.asp

i probaly cant get it here but just wondering if it was any better than most gels?
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Glad to read that Alcon is changing its policy...
    a year ago I wrote them about his and they told that they had no intention or producing PF versions ...
    at least they did for Systane, someday they'll have to do it for Opatanol, steroids and other "chronic use" drops.
    In the end, it's always the same conclusion no preservatives is the best option!
    Take care
    K

Comment

I tried Systane Free last week. I thought it was pretty similar to the regular systane in the single use vials (which I think can actually last all day). I didn't like the bottle they come in, it was hard to get a single drop out of it, either none would come out or way too much.

Comment

I have been using Systane free for several months now, and I like it alot! I was using it along with Bion Tears for a while now, but just in the last month or so have I've been using strictly Systane free. The funny thing is, I don't like the regular Systane drops. They blur my vision too much and are uncomfortable, but surprisingly the gel does less blurring than the regular PF drops! To me, it seems thinner than most gels, but thicker than most drops. It is kind of in a class of it's own in terms of stuff I've tried before. And I love the fact that its in a bottle, so I don't have to keep those stupid little vials with me all the time!

For those who don't like the regular Systane drops, I would suggest you give these new gel drops a try. For my eyes atleast, they react much differently with the Systane free than with the regular Systane. I guess all of our eyes are different though!!!! You could always ask your doc for a sample if you don't want to spend the money on a bottle.

-Shells

Comment

Highly recommended. I am in my second week of LASIK recovery and have tried:

TheraTears (bottled)
          TheraTears Liquid Gel (vials)
          GenTeal GelDrops (bottled)
          GenTeal Moderate (bottled)
          GenTeal Severe (tube)
          Refresh Tears (bottled)
          Refresh Plus (vials)
          Systane (vials)

Systane Free works best for me thus far. My eyes have been on a steady diet of all of the above, but if I to choose one to carry with me at all times, it would be Systane Free. As comfortable as Refresh Plus with a smooth in-eye feel and slight (less than GenTeal GelDrops) blurring.
          Last edited by adamlau; 08-Aug-2006, 16:46.

Comment

Working...
          X