TheraTears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheraTears

I've searched the forum for information on Thera Tears, and have noticed mixed reviews on them.

I have found that Thera Tears helps my dry eyes out, but only temporary; I find that I need to put drops in about every 15 mins.
    If I don't put drops in constantly my eyes (mostly my left) will get all veiny/inflamed.
    My eye's dont really get bloodshot anymore, just the veins flare up which make my eyes look a bit pinkish.
    Theratears have been the most comforting and helping drops as compared to refreshe and all the other drops I've tried.

For those peolpe who have posted before about Theratears, have you continued using them since posting? If not, why?

Hi Vivian,

I just started using thera tears and think they are working well. After lasik I used optive refresh. They worked pretty good, but now I find they make my eyes sting. I like Thera tears right now. As with all artificial tears, the soothing effect only lasts about 10minutes.
    Bianca
    Lasik victim 2012

Comment

They are the only drops that work for me. I have used them for years. I don't like the thick liquid gel drops. I use the preservative free vials. I also use the Genteal Gel at night.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Yeah I trier the gel; part of my right eye (that never flares up bad) got really red. I'm not sure if it's b/c lack of drops (got really busy at work and couldn't out drops in) or cuz of the gel.

Comment

I've used thera tears for 7 years now (preservative free). I use a few drops in each eye every 10-15 min. If my glands are clogged I'll occasionally use some refresh optive. I use celluvisc prior to bed. The only problem I've had with thera tears lately is their availability. I live in Mass and always buy at Target (cheapest) but even the pharmacist said they aren't able to get their full order. I know the man who developed them died within the past year. I wonder if something is going on within the company?

Comment

They aren't my favorite drops (I prefer Refresh Plus) but they do work better for some people. After you put them in, do you keep your eyes closed for 2 minutes? When my old doctor finally gave me that tip, I found that it really made a difference in how well my eye drops worked. There are times when I still need to put drops in constantly, depending on the weather, etc, but on an average day, 2 minutes after application really helps a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X