Goop with contacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goop with contacts?

Can you use lubricating ointment at night if you plan to wear contacts the next day?

I use genteal gel--it is water-based. In my opinion, the mineral oil and petrolatum (vaseline) ointments don't leave the eye and eyelids quick enough in the morning--even with washing--to make contact lens wear possible. I use Soothe drops at night with no problem (they have a small amount mineral oil in them). I always do hot washcloth compresses in the mornings, and carefully clean my lids and eyelashes. I remove any stringy goop from the corners of my eyes, too. Then, I have pretty good luck wearing my lenses (soft lenses).

C

Comment

This is an interesting question. I have been having some extra dryness lately and have resorted to packing my eye with Muro 128 ointment at night and taping the eye shut. I have not been wearing my hard scleral lens during this period because I'm sure the grease would get on the lens and this isn't something you'd risk with these lens.

Soft lens, I wouldn't know about, but they would be (I think) much more cheaply priced than the RGP's. If anyone has more to add about using ointment and either RGP's or soft lens, please post.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
      X