This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinitas severe dry drops

Has anyone used these drops with any success?

www.clinitas.info/index.php/your-feedback.html

sry never heard of them, but have every other drop u can name, trying restasis now, its a prescription

Comment

I've used them. Specifically the product "Ultra Clinitas 3" which is the same formulation as "Freshkote" available by prescription only in the USA. It's the best drop I've used and is extremely good. This site contains many "Freshkote" fans.
      Last edited by DCRdryeye; 10-Jul-2012, 19:42.

Comment

I am sorry to be a downer on this one, but they caused my eyes to feel really horrible, had to give up after a couple of weeks as it was just too uncombtable, somebody else on here felt the same way too. By the end of the try, I could not keep my eyes open and it was pretty uck.
        Others have sworn by them as DCRdryeye does above, guess it is just a case of giving them a go.
        Lulu x

Comment

I had a similar experience lulu...I tried Freshkote for afew days and did not feel any improvement. Felt more relief from my over the counter PF drops. Maybe I did not give them enought time to work??

Comment

Abbygirl I don't think of any of Dr. Holly's drops as the instant benefit kind (though some of us feel the relief right away). More of a good long term thing, esp. for RCE or severe dry eye pts.

Lulu fyi once in a long while I've come across a bum bottle of one of these drops that felt sticky and icky... Not sure why but I wouldn't use it either if it felt that way. Also they are very high concentration of polymers so for some people they will give a burning sensation esp if eye surface is very dry. For those motivated, buffering with a little saline before use helps. That's what I do first thing in the morning on bad days, first saline rinse then later Dwelle (similar to Freshkote & Clinitas Ultra 3).
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks for the tip Rebecca. I did wonder if it was a duff bottle myself but I did try them back in 2009 and they had the same effect but thought that it was worth another fortnightly try. I so want it to work as I am one of the folk you poss refer to in the above post whom is unlikely to shake free from this due to AI mediated condition. It depresses and frustrates me when I have to face up to the reality that it is not going to get better. I am in severe discomfort once more with no way forward at the mo so just wish that something would actually help as over the years its just got worse.
              I dont mind if drops sting, burning is something I can cope with to be honest, I think the beet redness but more so the real deep pain with my eyeballs sticking to my corneas when trying a new drop sets alarms ringing. So many folk really like this drop and its great that it works for some with such good results.
              I brought some saline last year and spent a few weeks doing some rinses but my eyes really are quite poorly and the salt just crystalised on them with uncombtable results.
              Thanks anyway
              Lulu

Comment

Yikes - redness or pain I would definitely not tolerate from any drop Sorry... so frustrating when we want a product to work out and it just isn't!!
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca you mentioned that freshkote is better long term. Do you mean the longer you take the better it gets? I have a bottle that I tried a couple of times but burned so I stopped. I can handle burn if it will benefit me long run. Also, I use drops quite often during the day, so just wondering how often I should use freshcote? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X