This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preservatives that claim to dissolve in the eye

I'm finding quite a lot of relief using i-drop eye drops, which has sodium hyaluronate in them (i think they're like the Canadian equivalent of Oasis), but they're really expensive and so I'm looking for a more readily available alternative. From reading the forum, it seems Blink contains sodium hyaluronate, and the box states that "gentle OcuPure preservative disappears in your eye". If I understand correctly, these dissolving preservatives use the water in the eye to neutralize. So if I were to use a couple of drops of a preservative-free drop (like Thera Tears for example) and then use the blink drops, would that make the blink drops essentially "preservative-free"? (if that makes sense...) Meaning perhaps, I could use them as much as I wanted?

ishkane,
    The Blink drop does not have the same molecular structure of HA as Oasis or i-drop. A simple test shows that Blink runs off unwettable surfaces as quickly as other OTC products. Also the preservative does dissipate in "normal" volume tears. In dry eyes it takes longer to dissipate.

Comment

Working...
    X