Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blink tears in a bottle? Safe to use as much as needed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blink tears in a bottle? Safe to use as much as needed?

my doc just gave me samples of blink-the one in the bottle though--he said i could use as often as needed as the preservative dissapears on the eye.... does anyone have any experience with these drops? i am thinking if i like them to get the vials which are preservative free and just use the bottle a few times daily??? i would love some advice.... thanks!!!
    Jenny

I think as long as your eyes are tolerant of the preservative then it should be fine to use them as needed. I use the preservative free Systane Ultra drops vials. Even though i don't have any bad reaction to the bottle drops the preservative free vials just feel a bit more comfortable.

Comment

I asked a similar question a couple of days ago. I did some research and the preservative used is a stabilized oxychoro complex and one of the paper's I read (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11783457) cites a study where ~60 patients used a SOC-based lubricant 4-8 times a day for 4 weeks with no adverse effects. The same paper says that rabbit studies found this preservative to be mildly cytotoxic. Based on that, I probably wouldn't use it more than 8 times a day.

Comment

thanks.. i have been sticking mostly to refreshplus vials but when super dry i use the blink in a bottle -much thicker and it helps a lot..i would say i def dont use it 8 x a day..thanks for the research for me. much appreciated!!!
        Jenny

Comment

Jenny
          When my eyes were not so bad (seems such a long time ago), I used the bottle version and they did not irritate. Now they do and I stick to the vials.
          Lulu x

Comment

Lulu--was it the bottle of Blink tears? or a different type of tear? supposedly this preservative evaporates when it hits the eye?? so far i like them but stick mostly to my refresh when i need to 'drop a lot'...
            Jenny

Comment

It was the Blink bottle because thats the vials i now use, I thought I would give it a go, but it just was too unpleasant, my eyes are uber awkward though, they have just got a lot worse and do not tolerate even the "kinder" preservatives.
              Lulu x

Comment

Working...
              X