This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saline (drops?)

What is saline used for? Is it supposed to be like a lubricating drop?

(Sorry if these are lame questions - I keep reading about it here!)

Originally posted by ishkane View Post
    What is saline used for? Is it supposed to be like a lubricating drop?
    Hi ishkane,

Saline is considered a 're-wetting' drop. Contact lens wearers are the main users of saline. I don't wear contacts, but I do use saline (sodium chloride 0.9%) as an eye drop for dry eyes. I like that they are close to our own tears with no preservatives.

Unisol 4 is not available in Canada, so the best saline for us is the pink vials from behind the counter at our drug stores. It's sodium chloride 0.9%. Tankie and Dog2012 posted about it today and many others have posted about it in the past. Tankie found a phenomenal price (100 vials for $11)! I usually buy 100 vials for ~$20 across the border in the States.

But right now you can buy the vials individually (usually ~ 29cents each). Just ask the pharmacitst. If you get a couple and don't like them, no biggee.

Good luck,
    Sheila

Comment

The saline that you're talking about - the pink vials - are they preservative free? I'll have to check at shoppers drugmart tomorrow! Thank you

Do you find they are enough lubrication or do you use them in conjunction with other drops?

also, does anyone know exactly what I should be asking for at the pharmacy? I called my shoppers drug mart and the person I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about!
      Last edited by ishkane; 08-Aug-2012, 17:53.

Comment

Working...
      X