Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who uses oasis tears or oasis tears plus??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who uses oasis tears or oasis tears plus??

i am considering ordering these drops--i had samples from my doc but only enough to try for several days... i was told by the company that if you order and are not happy you can get a full refund...
    anybody use these drops and find them helpful?
    Jenny

Jenny2008,

I'm in my fifth day with Oasis Plus and so far, there is really good relief. My eyes are less red, and no longer painful. My dry eye has not been specifically diagnosed. I do have cornea disease, a degenerative form, and believe the pre-existing dry eye may be the of that. The only reason for mentioning cornea disease is that your experience with Oasis Plus may be different. (Your mileage may vary.) The Oasis vials are preservative free which is important for me. I use one drop in each eye, then a drop or two of TheraTears Lubricant Eye Drops and apply this combination two or three times a day. I use only the Theratears Liquid Gel before bed.

The Oasis drops are activated through the blinking action so that's why I don't use them at night.

For me, they are worth the high cost. There are other threads about Oasis on this forum, so perhaps try a search to pull up additional comments. I learned of Oasis through this DEZ forum and am very grateful for the relief Oasis has provided so far.

Thank you to all the DEZ-ers who have helped with Oasis help and support!

By the way, for other TheraTears users, I was delighted to learn the company has responded to complaints over the "new" vial design --with a longer angled snout -- and -- eliminated the re-closeable end. Delighted to learn the company has resumed manufacture of the "short" tip re-closeable vial. Kudos to the Theratears folks for listening to their customers.

Good luck with Oasis, Jenny, and if you decide to try, will be interested in your experience. They were delivered quite promptly via Fed-Ex and customer service was terrific.

Comment

how did you know that oasis tears are activated through blinking action?? just curious! thanks!!!
      Jenny

Comment

i cant seem to find any other threads except those that just mention someone using these drops but they dont say anything about it..
        Jenny

Comment

Jenny,

There are videos on the Oasis website which describe the action. http://www.oasismedical.com

I also found articles in professional journals via Google Scholar. It may take me a day to look up all the links. I printed several to take to my doc, so here's a quote from one of them:

"Between blinks its relatively high viscosity improves tear film stability and reduces washout from the ocular surface, but reduced viscosity under shear stress permits uninterrupted blinking. Additionally, SH effectively binds water and resists dehydration, and promotes epithelial wound healiing" (Source: "Effectiveness of sodium hyaluronate eyedrops in the treatment of dry eye" 2005, Michael Johnson, Paul Murphy, Mike Boulton.

You may want to call Oasis and ask if there is a doctor near you who uses them with their patients.

Comment

Working...
          X