Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can Methylcellulose in drops make eyes drier? just read that?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can Methylcellulose in drops make eyes drier? just read that?

i just read online that drops like refresh plus (and many others that have Methycellulose) in them can make dry eyes drier? is this true// ? what do we use then if we dont like the alcohol based ones like systane?
    Jenny

Jenny
    I personally have never really got on with Methycellulose drops like celluvisc. They were okay in the days when my eyes were not so dry. These drops tend to leave a very plastic residue on the lashes which flakes and drops into the eyes. Not only that the drop irritates me anyhow but to be honest I can not seem to tolerate much these days. I think that if your eyes are a certain "dryness" mc lose drops are not that great as I have spoken to others with Sjogrens whom also feel the same way pretty much. There is some anectdotal evidence that this chemical is actually a known irritant, it is after all a large component of wall paper paste! I know that drops are not perfect and some more than others but personally I found these actively irritating back in 2007 when I had used them for more than 2 years. I used to be able to use Systane but now find that they increase irritation (if thats possible!!!!!!) and the blink version of the polyvinyls do the same. So what so I use? Anything sodium hylauronate based, they dont alter the course of the dryness but at the mo do not seem to actively harm them. Clinitas was not good for me either and I so pinned my hope on that one because everybody told me that it was so good for them.
    You have Sjogrens and I am begginning to think that certain AI illnesses mediate a certain sort of dryness like mine. We do seem to be a particularly tricky bunch of characters to keep comfortable. I am undergoing the worst period of irritation and dryness I have gone through which has pretty much been constant. At first the dryness came and went, now however and scarily it has stayed and drops have just not really hit the mark that they used to. I am fighting the NHS to be treated with Serum (dont feel guilty as have spent thousands on health in the last few years) so am hoping that it will help. Meanwhile I am struggling just to get through the day with the right amount of droppage. I did try rohto drops but that was awful.
    Lulu x

Comment

i have been like the tears naturalle -they have dextra and hypromellose.. i will look into drops in the states with sodium hylauronate as a base..not sure what those would be?thanks!
      Jenny

Comment

cant seem to find any drops with just sodium hylauronate in them.. at least not in the states....Lulu. what exactly do you use??? brand that is? thanks!
        Jenny

Comment

Working...
        X