Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. friends: where is the cheapest pharmacy chain to buy Celluvisc?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. friends: where is the cheapest pharmacy chain to buy Celluvisc?

Refresh Celluvisc is on backorder here where I live, I've bought up everything I can find locally, the manufacturer doesn't know when it will be available again, sooooooo, thinking I'll order it in the U.S. and have it shipped to me via my brother (who lives in California).

I was wondering if any of you have noticed what pharmacy chain is the least expensive? I figure I'll call that chain first for a price check.

Over here in the U.K Celluvisc is dirt cheap for some reason? it is the best eyedrop i say, and our N.H.S both carry it and supply it.
    Maybe look-up a U.K supplier.. (£7 for the 1% OR £10 for the 0.5%)..

However, in my experiences Canada does have the strictist postal (importing) regulations on Earth, with the U.S not too far behind...
    Oh, and for future reference anybody who does post or recives overseas mail, ask the sender to mark the customs label 'gift' there is no tax charge then! importing perfume etc into the U.K will get a customs charge, in some cases more than the actual item is worth!! if it is marked, for example 'perfume' then automaticly customs assume it is for re-sale and subject to tax... A gift, is not....
    If you do-find a supplier Saag out of your countries borders, ask them to always mark it 'gift'....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_1539ywf15j_e

Comment

Interesting point about having it marked "gift"! Thanks for the tip!

I ended up calling around to CVS, Costco, Walgreen's and Target - Target was the cheapest at just over $14 per box.

Strangely, Costco said it's been discontinued, but I'm pretty sure the guy is mistaken.

Comment

Darn it... Target is cheaper than CVS by about $4 per box, BUT, Target can't special order a large quantity at once... their system prohibits it, so all I could do there is buy the 5 boxes they have in stock, wait for their system to order more, buy those, wait for more, buy those etc. sigh...

Hmmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by Colin P View Post
          Oh, and for future reference anybody who does post or recives overseas mail, ask the sender to mark the customs label 'gift' there is no tax charge then!
          A note of caution about this: Google it, and check your country's import laws. The importer (as opposed to the seller) may actually be liable if the package is checked and customs documentation has been in any way falsified. People sometimes ask me to mark things "Gift" and while I sympathize with them about the ridiculous import duties sometimes levied, I refuse, because I don't want to get the recipient or my business in trouble.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

p.s. SAAG you might want to check eBay too
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
              A note of caution about this: Google it, and check your country's import laws. The importer (as opposed to the seller) may actually be liable if the package is checked and customs documentation has been in any way falsified. People sometimes ask me to mark things "Gift" and while I sympathize with them about the ridiculous import duties sometimes levied, I refuse, because I don't want to get the recipient or my business in trouble.
              A good point! I don't think my brother would have done it that way anyhow since he's in the U.S. on a work visa and doesn't want to break any rules and mess things up - he adores his job down there! (my brother is the one who can ship it to me)

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
                p.s. SAAG you might want to check eBay too

Another good tip - will compare prices there too!

Comment

SAAG,
                  I just bought 4 boxes of the different Refresh brand drops in my Target Store. Each box has a coupon inside for either $1.00 off one box or $3.00 off two boxes. I use Refresh Plus, Optive and the Celluvisc. Target also has there own coupons for Refresh brand and they let you use both manufacturers & Target coupons for the same purchase. I saved about $12.00 for my 4 boxes.

Comment

Oooo... coupons are always good! Maybe I'll ask my brother to buy the 5 boxes they have, open them and search for coupons, then when Target has more in stock, use the coupons to buy those!

Comment

yes, i second the ebay suggestions. i am in love with the blink gel tears (they only sell the non-gel version in canada) and ebay has been a great resource.

where in canada are you? i'm in toronto and i've not noticed any shortage on celluvisc. is it possible to ask SDM to do something like a charge-send for you? i also know SDM deals with mckesson, so maybe you can ask your pharmacy to order directly from them.

Comment

I'm in Winnipeg - we order from McKesson also, and they've had it marked on backorder for weeks now - every chain pharmacy I go to is out of stock too. I contacted the Cdn. division of Allergan and they confirmed the backorder... maybe your local stores just haven't run out yet...

Comment

Working...
                        X