Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sensitive to fluorescent lighting - which eye drops?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensitive to fluorescent lighting - which eye drops?

I work in a supermarket and the lights irritate my eyes so I have to put eye drops in my eyes every couple of hours or else my eyes get very red. They still get red with the eye drops but not as bad.

I'm currently using Blink eye drops but I'm looking for something a bit better that will make my eyes less red. An recommendations?

Thanks.

Any ideas?

Comment

Hi there - if you already haven't, try a thicker drop like Thera Tears Liquid Gel (preservative-free vials). I use them daily since they stay on my eyes the longest and give me the most relief. They don't blur my eyes at all either which I know is important when working. It may be tempting to use redness relieving drops but as you've probably read on this board, it's best not to use those since they can cause rebound redness. Be aware also that some thyroid problems can cause sensitivity to flourescent lighting (photophobia). I just found out today that is the cause of my issues with store lights, etc. (I'm not sure if anything can be done about it though.) Good luck.

Comment

Maybe moisture chamber glasses with a tint would help? Try looking for some inexpensive safety glasses with transition-type lenses. Safety glasses have fuller eye coverage and there are some not too "industrial" looking ones available. The glasses might protect the eyes from drying out while diminishing the glare from the lights. An optometrist might be able to advise on the type of tint and anti-reflective surface on the glasses could help too. Just some thoughts.

Comment

Working...
        X