MoistureEyes product line renamed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoistureEyes product line renamed

Just an FYI - this product line by Bausch & Lomb is being repackaged under the name "Advanced Eye Care". Watch out for the ones in a bottle - they are preserved with BAK. They have a preservative free version of the "rejuvenation" drop.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

MoistureEyes Inquiry

Has Bausch & Lomb discontinued the Preservative-Free MoistureEyes Liquid Gel - 28 individual/single use .02 oz vials [formerly called MoistureEyes Protect and TopCoat, before that]

Comment

I thought that was what the "Rejuvenation" one is supposed to be (sort of). Very difficult to pin down any actual equivalence though and I wasn't able to locate active ingredients breakdown for the former names.

For the matter of that it's confusing enough to figure out what's in the new packaging!

On Bausch.com,
      "Environmental" is listed as 1.0% propylene glycol, 0.3% glycerin
      "Rejuvenation" is listed as 0.95% propylene glycol

On drugstore.com,
      "Environmental" is listed as 1.0% glycerin,
      "Rejuvenation" is listed as 1.0% propylene glycol, 0.3% glycerin

I've emailed them to get some clarification.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Here is the response I received to my enquiry asking for active ingredients of both products and whether there is any equivalent of the former Moisture Eyes Liquid Gel:

Dear Rebecca:

Thank you for contacting Bausch & Lomb. We are always glad to hear from our consumers and to be of assistance whenever possible.

Regarding your inquiry, the Bausch & Lomb Environmental drops are new. It is for instant moisture for irritated eyes due to exposure to: outdoors, air conditioning and computer use. The Rejuvenation drops are formally our Moisture Eyes Artificial Tears.

We hope this information is helpful. If we can be of future assistance, please contact us again via the Internet, or call us directly at 1-800-553-5340.

Sincerely,

Bausch & Lomb
        Consumer Affairs
        I now feel thoroughly enlightened
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Agree

Another way of getting money? Repackage the same old drops and people will think they are new and better?

Billye

Comment

LOL. When all else fails, go for alphabetical precedence. Ever notice how many ophthalmic co's start with A?
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

RE: Bausch & Lomb Moisture Eyes

The information B & L gave you is for what used to be called Moisture Eyes Artificial Tears.

However, the formula for B & L (Preservative Free) Moisture Eyes Liquid Gel [formerly MoistureEyes Protect] was different. It was 0.8% HPMC, 0.1% Dextran 70, plus inactive ingredients. I guess they discontinued this product altogether, because I can't find anything close to it mentioned at their website. [Maybe you can. They ignore my e-mails.]

That's a real shame too, because I really liked it. It was like a thicker version of Tears Naturale Free [not B & L's product, but similar ingredients]. Even though it was one of the thicker artificial tears, it didn't cloud your vision like Refresh Celluvisc, for example. Oh well, I'll just have to find something else. It's just annoying that when you finally find something that works for you, it gets discontinued or reformulated.

Comment

Working...
              X