Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependency / Reliance and Similasan

Question for everyone.

I have been trying different drops and have been primarily using TheraTear in vials (preservative free) and Refresh Plus in vials (also preservative free). After reading a bit about it on this forum, today I purchased Similasan Dry Eye Relief drops... the Web site claims these drops are "Safe for prolonged usage" and "will not cause dependency or reliance."

Do other drops cause dependency? What exactly does that mean... does it mean the eyes natural function shuts down, making things even worse?

Lastly, what experiences have people had with the Similasan drops?

Thanks so much!

Originally posted by Eyeshaveit
    today I purchased Similasan Dry Eye Relief drops... the Web site claims these drops are "Safe for prolonged usage" and "will not cause dependency or reliance."

Do other drops cause dependency? What exactly does that mean... does it mean the eyes natural function shuts down, making things even worse?
    Similasan have homeopathic drops for a variety of eye conditions, including allergy and redness. My guess is that when they say "will not cause dependency or reliance" they might mean in comparison to things like traditional vasoconstrictors, which have a rebound effect. I don't think drops cause dependency generally, but we've certainly seen some examples of a sort of "addiction" to get-the-red-out drops.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

i'd like to know also if these have worked for ppl, the Similasan drops.

Comment

Working...
      X