This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are they discontinuing theratears non pres vials??? i can only find capless

i can only find the capless kind of theratears-been to walmart and target..adn i looked online at walmart and they dont even show teh n/p vials...
    are they getting rid of them? anybody know?
    the ones without caps are horrible.... u cant reuse -i was trying to by pputting in a baggy but then its hard to get more of the drops out~!
    Jenny

Jenny, I've written e-mail to Theratears manufacturer to complain about the pointy hooked "new" vial design. They responded by saying that design (without replaceable cap) is discontinued and the company is re-filling the distribution with the "old" design that has the little replaceable cap. I am so happy to have the older design back!
    If the supply on the shelf is low, check back again as they will restock with the older vial soon! YAY!
    Kudos to the Theratears people who have responded to lots of complaints and listened to their loyal customers.

Comment

I don't like the ones with the caps on because I tend to go through them quicker. they have a bigger drop compares to the capless ones. guess I'll just have to deal!

Comment

So great that TT (owned by Akorn now by the way) responded to customers this way. This is why I like smaller companies so much. You don't feel quite so powerless as you do with the multinational pharmas.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

I hope you are right Blinks, because when I had the pharmacy check the skew number on a box with tips which I ordered from Akorn, the pharmacy told me that the skew number is identical to the skew for the non-sealable hook tips. The pharmacy seems to think the old snap-ons have been replaced with those monstrous un-sealable things that squirt drops all over your face. Anyway, the vials with caps have not hit our drug stores yet.

Comment

i found one lousy box!!! i just started these drops again because i feel like they help more then refresh plus..
            i called theratears directy and the guy told me they are coming back out with the caps-but he couldnt give me a timeline--he also said the other ones dont have caps because they are for 1 use only!!! i told him my doc said they are good up to 24 hours.. yikes... if i only used each one 1 time i would go through a box a day!!

vivian---how do u use the vial mutliple times? do u put in a baggy???
            Jenny

Comment

The Theratears company representative said the "old" vial design is being sold on their website so if I couldn't find them in stores, they are available on the Akorn website.

So far, I've found the "old" vial design back in stock in Wegman's. Last week, one of the local Walmarts still had the "new" pointy vials on their shelves for the Lubricant Eye Drop formula but the Liquid Gel formula was stocked in the "old" design. I am SO happy.

Comment

LOL! I totally understand Blinks!

Comment

Working...
                X