This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artificial tears, gels & ointments - consumer info

Updated reference sheet on artificial tear products can be found at this link.

I used to always refer to the list on agingeye.net (great site - ton of useful reference info on dry eye) but there were some products & categories not covered so I finally decided to do our own from scratch. This too is not exhaustive, and among other things mostly limited to products available in the US, but as I get time I'll be making updates. As always, if you see bloopers, gaps, etc, let me know and I'll try to keep it up to date.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Hi Rebeccah,

I took a quick look at the "Updated reference sheet on artificial tear products" which you have put together and want to thank you for doing this. I'll check it out more when I have the time, but I think it will be truly beneficial. Thanks!

Comment

Rebecca,

You are a true gem!! Thank you for your dedication, what a great page of information, beautifully organized. Just Fabulous!

Comment

OasisTears Plus

I just wanted to let you all know that I've just started on the OasisTears Plus drops. I had to order online, since they weren't available in the usual stores. Unfortunately, they're expensive; however, the sales manager that I talked with said that, over time, the improved effectiveness means less frequent application. I hope so, b/c I still use them at least seven - eight times a day in my dryer right eye. (My left eye is fine with three-four times a day.) I go through about three vials a day.

I've given up Soothe, which I finally decided has contributed to feelings of "grittiness." Basically, I'm supposed to just use the OasisTears Plus; but I've added the Theratears gel once or twice. I'm supposed to check back with my doctor if I'm not improved in a month.

Comment

Thank You!

Previously I had referenced the list on agingeye.net. But I just found this list on Dry Eye Zone. It is awesome! Thanks Rebecca!

Comment

That's a fantastic list there Rebecca. I am thinking of trying this new eye ointment Vidisic gel and eye drop called Vidisept eye drop. I know they are not that widely used but apparently there isnt much online bout them as most of the websites seem to be in German or Portuguese. It would be great if there could be an update about them on the list as well. I know Vidisic gel is perhaps not available in the US but i have heard great stuff about it. Thanks.
            If only I had known, I would have taken better care of my eyes....... I want to turn back the hands of time

Comment

artificial tears, etc

Here's a English website providing info about Vidisept, Vidisic, etc:

http://www.ophthalmic-instruments.eu...ts/dry_eye.htm

It doesn't look as though there's anything very exciting in any of the ingredients, mostly just povidone & carbomer.

Comment

Hey thanks woodruff. Nice website. Yup totally expecting more unique combination of ingredients....
                If only I had known, I would have taken better care of my eyes....... I want to turn back the hands of time

Comment

I'm new here. I believe I saw a link here at this website to a list of all the eye drops and which ones had preservatives. However, now I can't find it. Can someone steer me to it or provide a link? Thank you.

Comment

Here you go: http://www.dryeyezone.com/encyclopedia/lubricants.html
                    Also, usually it's possible to track down the FDA product insert for the tears through a Google search. Sometimes the formulas may change, or there may be some new product out there. Good luck!

Comment

Need old product!

Originally posted by Blinks View Post
                      Here you go: http://www.dryeyezone.com/encyclopedia/lubricants.html
                      Also, usually it's possible to track down the FDA product insert for the tears through a Google search. Sometimes the formulas may change, or there may be some new product out there. Good luck!
                      Why was Dr. Holleys products allowed to simply disappear from your product list? Here is an old quote from early DRY EYE.......

Getting them back into commercial production was one of the tasks undertaken by The Dry Eye Company when first formed (read more about that here). Keeping these unique products available to the patients that need them remains part of our core mission.

Why, why, why? They were so effective!

Comment

Isn't Freshkote back?

Comment

Freshkote is another one of Dr. Holly's drops, now available without a prescription. I had the WalMart order it for me. It's also available through Amazon.

Comment

Thank you Rebecca this is a great list! Believe B&L Soothe should be on the following list? ARTIFICIAL TEARS: PROPYLENE GLYCOL AND/OR GLYCERIN

Comment

Working...
                            X