Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need of drops for aqueous deficient tears

Hi everyone,
    I've been trying 6-7 different eye drops for about 3 months. Yesterday I was told by a optometrist that my tears are aqueous deficient. My eyelids kind a stick on my cornea, and I feel that I need less viscous drops(not sure).Now I am using Refresh Plus at daytime and Refresh Celluvisc at night. I also have plugs in my lower eyelids.
    Thank you.

George

George, the DEZ has drops available that have helped many of us. Dwelle is very viscous and best for nights, with NutraTear or Dakrina for daytime. Check it out.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Everyone is different with regard to how they react to the various kinds of tears. My DES is Aqueous and Mucin deficient. I tried several drops and found that the TheraTears PF works best for me. Keep trying!
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Thank you very much Lucy and Kitty

Hi Kitty,
        Could you explain how did you find out that you have both aqueous and mucin deficiency? I had no test performed yet to determine it and doctors here don't do much, maybe just Schirmer test. Three months ago when I got sick I used to add drops every 3-4 hrs., and now I need drops every 2hrs., or less. Driving is most difficult thing, I need drops every half hour. At night I used to have refresh celluvisc at bedtime and one more time during the night. Now I need more refresh celluvisc: about 4 times per night. Could you explain more your daily routine? Could you also explain what do you mean by TheraTears PF works best ? I mean how often you need drops and something about driving.
        Thanks again.
        George

Comment

My doc used flouresceine dye and determined that my tear lake was "very low", thus the aqueous deficient part. He said that the constant burning is a sign of the loss of goblet cells, which produce mucin. That is where the mucin deficient part comes from. Before I got my plugs, I was putting drops in every 30 minutes or so during the day. Driving was torture, not only from the dryness but from the glare and light sensitivity. I bought some wrap around sunglassess that really helped with the driving. Since I got all 4 punctum plugged, I can go up to two hours, sometimes more, before I have to put drops in. It depends on the day. My plugs are dissolving now, so my drop use is increasing again. TheraTears PF is the only tear I found that worked for me. It makes my eyes feel moist and burn less. The thicker things like celluvisc feel to sticky in my eye, almost like putting glue in there! At night, I use GenTeal Gel before I go to bed. If I wake in the night, I either use TheraTears PF or just a good shot of Saline to wet things down until morning.
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
          X