Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSM Eyedrops

Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)

Anyone heard of these or used them? Im not too sure based on what Ive read - but they are touted as a drop for dry eyes among other things. Havent found any scientific data on them and I dont think theyre that widely available but just wondered if anyone else had heard of them.

Only heard of MSM's use as a generally anti-inflammatory, particularly for joint pain.

It's useful at providing sulphur for use by the body. From a quick google, there's loads of sites saying sulphur can be used as a homeopathic remedy. There may be some other mechanism, don't know.

Comment

I obtained and used them (MSM eye drops) between Aug 05 and Oct 05 as an attempt to relieve floaters in my left eye. I believe they are supposed to help soften the cornea to help several eye conditions.
      I actually developed a dry eye AFTER using them but I am 99.5% sure they didn't cause it - it was other factors.

I think there are better formula drops for dry eye - even though I did not use them to treat my dry eye.
      Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Working...
      X