Cleaning eyelashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning eyelashes

I have to use eyedrops (Bion Tears) about 35-40 times a day. My eyelashes stay caked with the residue from them. The eyelashes get stiff and that makes them sore. So I wind up with my entire eyelid sore and burning. Got any suggestions as to how I can clean this residue from my eyelashes?

Billye

Well, I don't use eyedrops 35 times a day, but in the morning my lashes are pretty caked and goopy with genteal gel and Soothe drops that I use 4-5 times during the night.

I heat up water as hot as it comes out of the faucet and do the hot washcloth treatment (hold it against my eyes). That softens the crud and then I take a corner of the damp washcloth and wipe the edges of my lids. Then I press the warm cloth again onto my eyes.

C66

Comment

One time I got from a renowned ophthalmologist when I went to see him in Dallas in 2001 was........... After putting drops in your eyes, take a wet tissue and wipe the remains from your lashes. After each time. This makes for a lot of tissues, for sure. If you're at home all day, I'd imagine the same result would occur with a damp washcloth.

I have the same problem and try to prevent it with the wet Kleenex. I have to buy them by the case. My lashes are pretty much gone. Poof, snapped off at the baseline.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

To Lucy

How do you keep the tissues wet when you are away from home? Do you just wet them as needed or carry some wet somehow? The reason I'm asking is that I'm going by car, to Mayo in Rochester, Minn from Texas in Dec. And I'm hoping to find some way to handle my eyes away from home. At home, I use the wet clean washcloth method. But away from home I haven't figured out yet.
        Thanks to all,
        Billye

Comment

If you're traveling by car, you could wet a washcloth and put in a damp ziplock bag. Another handy tip for traveling. Take several and when you stop at a motel, you can take out a fresh one as needed and dry the dirty ones to put in your laundry.

You can also use bottled drinking water to wet a dry washcloth if you're not near running water. Take a big stack of washcloths, some ziplock bags and bottled drinking water and you'll be good to go

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thanks for hints

Thanks Lucy, I hadn't thought of bottled water, and the ziplocks were a great idea. Now if I could just figure out how to get them warm too.

Billye

Comment

Try taking hot water in a thermos flask. BUT don't scald yourself. Cool it a little in the cup on the top of the flask. Pity they don't have portable microwaves for travelling!
              Dotanne
              When the going gets tough - the tough get going!

Comment

Thanks Lucy, I hadn't thought of bottled water, and the ziplocks were a great idea. Now if I could just figure out how to get them warm too.
                Turn on your car heater and hold the plastic bag containing the washcloth over the vent for a few minutes. Or makeshift with the plastic bag holding the washcloth over the car heater vent.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Good ideas

Hey,
                  Thanks for all these good ideas. Have to try them all.
                  Billye

Comment

Working...
                  X