Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAAG - LacriLube

Hi SAAG,

I remember at one point we were talking about LacriLube. I cannot use it anymore and I have boxes of them at home. If you still use it, I would be happy to send them your way. Better for you to use them then go to waste on my shelf.

Let me know!
    Ericka

That's really sweet of you - thanks for the offer! However, I no longer use Lacrilube... I think I may be sensitive to the Lanolin in it, so switched to Genteal Ointment (discontinued though), so will eventually have to find something else.

Comment

Me too with the lacriblube. I now use Ocunox ointment. It has vitamin A in it. I use Refresh Celluvisc with it overnight because my eyes open during sleep so one is not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericska View Post
        Me too with the lacriblube. I now use Ocunox ointment. It has vitamin A in it. I use Refresh Celluvisc with it overnight because my eyes open during sleep so one is not enough.

Oh wow, that info is GOLD to me! I'm going to look into this when we return home this summer (I'm currently in SE Asia).

Comment

accidental double post
          Last edited by SAAG; 18-Feb-2016, 22:39.

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post

Oh wow, that info is GOLD to me! I'm going to look into this when we return home this summer (I'm currently in SE Asia).

Here is the link! I also use their Hylo Eye Drops during the day. I can now go for 3 hours between drops!! Before this it was every 15 - 30 minutes. I don't know if the Restasis is helping, but I've also started taking Flax capsules. Anything is a blessing!!
            OCUNOX™ eye ointment improves the tear film and protects the surface of the eye overnight, particularly helpful after eye surgery or an eye injury.

Comment

HI SAAG,

I should also mention, my 3 hours between drops is not everyday. Like everyone here, I have good days and bad. Today for example is a bad day - need drops every 45 minutes. I have the humidifier on but it still seems very dry today. I still highly, highly recommend the Ocunox and Hylo Drops and Gel.

Sorry if I've asked this before - but you mentioned you travel for a living - what do you do?

I'm going for an MRI at 4:10am of the head to see where the sharp eye/temple/back of head pain is coming from. I have an OptoMap test done and I don't seem to have optic neuritis, I had an excellent visual field test and of course all my blood work is okay. I don't see the rheumatologist until August 4th. My ESR level is 40 at the moment. It seems to fluctuate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericska View Post
                HI SAAG,

Sorry if I've asked this before - but you mentioned you travel for a living - what do you do?
                I pretty much had to make a new career for myself to travel fulltime - so I spent most of my spare time studying internet marketing, various methods of earning a living online etc - as much as computer use is incompatible with severe dry eye, it was the only out that I could see. (i.e.an out to get me away from a lifetime of dry winters in Canada where I'm from, which are horrible for my eyes... now I can work from anywhere, and the humid tropics are my destination of choice).

So... I became a freelance writer in a very specific niche - learned to hustle to get clients, and because I can type and write an article fast, I do very well. So all that's to say that anything is possible if one maintains a positive attitude, and is willing to work hard (Even if you start out, as I did, only able to tolerate 15 minutes a day on the computer... learning what you need to learn in ridiculously small bites... but even slow progress is better than no progress, and if one is patient enough, it adds up into something significant enough to make a difference.)

Comment

Wow, that's great! Good for you! You obviously spend more time on the computer now ...

So you live in these tropical destinations for certain periods of time and then move on? I'm in Canada - I live in London. Where are you from?

I've been at my job for 16 years. Hard to give up so I have made adjustments here. Not a great help but small ones here and there are better than nothing I guess.

Comment

Hi SAAG
                    I read that you said they discontinued genteal ointment but my doc just started me on it. I am in the US so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I did try one pharmacy and they said it was discontinued but then I called another one and they said that it wasn't and I have gotten from them since. Hopefully you can try another pharmacy

Comment

Working...
                    X