Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using castor oil for their dry eye issue?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using castor oil for their dry eye issue?

Hi all,

My name is Tan and i think i have dry eye issue as when i concentrate on something for a while, my eyes get tired easily and i feel the need to close my eyes a lot

i have googled around and also search on this forum about using castor oil to help improve eye dryness

i want to ask

1. Does anyone has real life experience using it? if yes, can you share it?
    2. Do you put the oil on your eye lid or directly into your eye?
    3. any known bad side effect? i don't want to get blinded by this

thanks

anyone can comment?

Comment

Hey
      I have tried castor oil a few times, it didnt help me at all if anything it made my eyes more red. If you are going to try it please make sure its hexane free one
      Becks

Comment

I tried it twice. I put in on my eyelids and all around my eyes before bed. Some of it goes into the eye when you sleep. It helped. But then I read on the forum that it damages the cornea, so I did not use it again. Do a search here.

Comment

optive plus contains castor oil, I have mgd and it gives some relief

Comment

Originally posted by PG View Post
            I tried it twice. I put in on my eyelids and all around my eyes before bed. Some of it goes into the eye when you sleep. It helped. But then I read on the forum that it damages the cornea, so I did not use it again. Do a search here.
            Hi

you mean the info is within this forum?

Comment

This is the study that worried me - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17962450
              So I have not used straight castor oil again. But I did use Restasis for 9 months which contains castor oil.

Comment

Working...
              X