This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye lubricant (drops) and post nasal drip

Does anyone have problems using eye drops for dry eye? I seem to have a constant post nasal drip which has now caused me throat problems. Is this common?

You might have a sensitivity to something in the drops. They do drain through your tear ducts into your nose and down the back of your throat. Are you using a preservative-free drop? What brand?

Comment

I'm using Blink as the one from the hospital was plant based and contained wheat and made me ill, as I'm coeliac. I've been using Blink for quite a few months now. They are preservative free.

Comment

This might be a dumb question but have you tried pinching/pressing on the corners of your eyes while putting in drops (to block the ducts) and for a little while afterwards? This could help excess (if any) spill outwards instead of through the drains. Also use very, very small drops… I always remember Dr. Holly saying the average human eye surface can only hold about a 1/3 of a drop so the rest is basically wasted.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks, I will try that. I do realise a lot gets wasted. I've not put any in today and have tried blinking more often, but I don't think this is the answer.

Comment

Working...
          X