This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye drops

Does anyone know of a good eye drop that has an ingredient which not only lubricates but also helps calm inflamation?
    many thanks

Originally posted by lizzyk View Post
    Does anyone know of a good eye drop that has an ingredient which not only lubricates but also helps calm inflamation?
    many thanks
    Hiya lizzy.
    Depending on 'how inflamed'? You can expect 24-72 hrs for a
    return to normality, and that's providing your not 'taxing' your eyes further as the day goes on.
    So don't expect, instant results from your drops.
    More likely, you will prefer an eye drop that masks inflammation pain while inflammation goes away.
    To find the elusive drop, we need a routine that is best for us, then experiment, as a more/less taxing day can speed up, or slow recovery time.

Comment

Thanks Colin, im using hylo tears at the mo but i have to put drops in every 30 mins at least even with my lower puntum cauterised. The inflammation is not actually in my eyes but around the rims, which get red and sore. Ointments seem to make it worse so i thought an eye drop might be better for me

Comment

Lizzy, I am in the same boat, but sometimes my eye ball is inflamed too. Are you using anything prescription? I like soothe for an artificial tear but hylo is good too!

Comment

Hi Faith, im not using anything prescriptive at the moment. I tried ciclosporine and didnt get on with it. I took doxy for months - im not sure that it made any difference either, the hot eye bag makes my eyes feel worse - its so frustrating!!. I had Lipiflow back in Feb and that made no difference at all!! I think there must be an ingredient in ointment that i do not tolerate very well but i have no idea what is is! I hope to see a brand new consultant soon, im praying he can suggest something different to try.

Lizzy

Comment

Working...
          X