Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RFREITAS View Post
    SAAG,

I hope you are thinking about creating a blog. We need to read about it!!

I am thinking about a trip to Asia this summer... let's have a meeting =))
    Well, if you choose tropical Asia as we are, it could be therapeutic for sore eyes! (We're mostly staying away from cities that are smoggy such as Bangkok though... I want fresh clean air for these eyes!) We'll be in Bali from mid-July to mid-September, so if you happen to be around, we ought to meet up!

The biggest stress for me is the fact that unlike in North America, liquid medications DO count towards your carry-on allowance for flights within Asia. We booked a return flight from Bangkok to Bali with Air Asia, and I'll have to put the majority of my eyedrops in checked baggage since it will be more than the liquid allowed as a carry-on. FREAK-OUT TIME!!!! Hope they don't lose my luggage, as that could be a disaster for me. Will have an extra supply at home with trusted family members to ship to me if necessary. Gotta have a backup plan... And if that fails, could limp along on saline solution for a while I suppose - I imagine even in Bali one could find THAT.

Anyhow, I hope my little jaunt for a year in SE Asia gives people hope that no matter how badly things may suck right now with their eyes, if you give it time, great things are possible!!!

Comment

Why does the text of a reply disappear so fast?
      I want to post a reply and than i have to refresh the page for some reason.
      And zip! Everything gone! Grrr!!
      English obviously is not my native language and it takes me quite some time and effort for my sore eyes to post something here.
      I'll try later. For now i don't feel like giving it another try.

Patrick..

Comment

SAAG why you don't send an e-mail to the airport or the company explain your "problems" and ask for alternatives?
        If they say no, at leat you tried. Probably you already have done it!

I am not sure which country we will choose. We would like Asia... any country will be fine =)) But that will depend on the price of tickets. Personally prefer Vietnam or Bali, but the price will decided.

Yes, you are inpiring! Seing other moving forward is soooo good!! Yeahhhh!!! Hurray!!!

Comment

Patrick, that's never happened to me in 4y - is it your bandwidth?
          Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hi littlemermaid,

I know it sounds maybe a bit silly, but i'm not sure what a bandwith is.
            Does it have anything to do with one of the settings?

Patrick

Comment

SAAG why you don't send an e-mail to the airport or the company explain your "problems" and ask for alternatives?
              If they say no, at leat you tried. Probably you already have done it!
              Yup, already done - they just oh-so-confidently advise me to put any excess liquid medication in my checked baggage... the fact that if they lost my luggage it would be horrendous for me doesn't matter one bit to them... policies are policies and all that.

So, will have to take my chances, triple check the tags they put on my luggage to make sure it is destined for where it is supposed to go, and hope no-one messes up or swipes my luggage. Never happened to me before, so hopefully it won't happen now... we'll see... fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by patrick View Post
                And zip! Everything gone! Grrr!!
                English obviously is not my native language and it takes me quite some time and effort for my sore eyes to post something here.
                I'll try later. For now i don't feel like giving it another try.

Patrick..
                What works for me is, right before I hit the post button, I log in again from another tab on my browser. Plan B is to always copy the text of my post before hitting the post button, just in case it gets lost, so worst case all I have to do is paste it after logging in again.

Alternatively, if you forget to do this, try hitting your browser's "back" button and you might luck out and see your post is still there so you can copy and paste it after logging in again.

Comment

Patrick, No, not settings. Just how much data you can receive on your internet connection, which might vary at different times of day.
                  Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hi saag and littlemermaid,

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it.
                    Its very late here,so i think i have to call it a day for now.
                    Tomorrow i will succeed in posting a reply here. I' m sure

Patrick..

Comment

SAAG, your bags won't be lost! Asian companies are the best!!

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/aw...2013_top20.htm

Comment

SAAG, your bags won't be lost! Asian companies are the best!!

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/aw...2013_top20.htm
                        Well, this is Air Asia... so we'll see!! Fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X