Freshkote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshkote?

Curious if anyone here uses freshkote and that do they think about it? Also curious if anyone is familiar with the preservative, Polixetonium, are there any safe preservatives and is this one? Thanks.

Rebecca Petris is VERY familiar with this drop. She likely can tell you more than anyone else, as she knows and has great respect for Dr. Holly who created these drops.

http://forum.dryeyezone.com/blogs/re...eshkote-is-otc

I used it a short time and it seemed to helped a little more than other drops, but then this was when I had severely dry eyes and nothing was working. I would consider trying it again one day if I need drops again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokucat View Post
      Rebecca Petris is VERY familiar with this drop. She likely can tell you more than anyone else, as she knows and has great respect for Dr. Holly who created these drops.

http://forum.dryeyezone.com/blogs/re...eshkote-is-otc

I used it a short time and it seemed to helped a little more than other drops, but then this was when I had severely dry eyes and nothing was working. I would consider trying it again one day if I need drops again.
      Thank you, I may PM her if she doesn't respond. I'm finally figuring out my problem was sleeping with my eyes open just slightly. I can't use gel or ointment so I've been waking up every few hours and just putting in theratears PF. My eyes went from 80% symptomatic to 20% symptomatic. HUGE change just by wearing a silk sleep mask and keeping the eye moist. I just know that I like the theratears because of the sodium and electrolytes but was looking for something longer lasting..hence the reason for this thread. I'm so close to being a success I think. I never thought I'd get a handle on this. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

That’s great news, Dowork. I’m truly excited for you! Hope these drops give you the extra lasting power you need.

Comment

Hi, sorry, just saw this! Yeah polexitonium I don't believe has ever been used as a preservative in any other eyedrops so not too many people know about it. I remember seeing the toxicity study data many many years ago and I was comfortable with it being pretty negligible (in fact they had data suggesting this chemical actually improve the wettability of the drop which was really interesting). But... on principle... I do think it's best to avoid all preservatives as much as is reasonable. The exception, to me, would be for someone for whom it's just so much better at what it does. I mean, there's no value in a preservative free drop if it doesn't also do a good job of lubricating.

I used Dr Holly's drops pretty much exclusively, back in the earlier years when all 4 were available, haven't in recent years but then I tend to avoid drops in general these days.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

There has been a Preservative Free Freshkote on the market for a few months now. I am on my second bottle and have mixed reviews of it.

Comment

The reviews of the new Freshkote on Amazon are depressing: https://www.amazon.com/FRESHKOTE-Pre...ews-filter-bar

I planned to try them only to learn that they changed the formula and "the only drops that helped many people" are not the same drops anymore...

Comment

Or, after all, maybe they didn't...

Click image for larger version

Name:	FKPFDrugFacts.png
Views:	339
Size:	449.7 KB
ID:	224635
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X