For anyone interested in trying retaine mgd or cliradex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone interested in trying retaine mgd or cliradex

I am currently trying retaine mgd preservative free drops and cliradex wipes.

I thought I would post because after reading about these products I didn't think it was possible to get these shipped to Australia (they certainly aren't available in stores here) but I found these guys after much searching:

http://www.directdermacare.com/

Also thought I would share my feelings about the products so far. I've only been using them a few days so it's too early to know whether they will make any long term improvement.

The products arrived in about two weeks with standard international shipping option. The package was left by the door as I wasn't home - just a warning because these products are expensive - if concerned get it sent to your work address or see if you can get it sent registered post.

The container for the retaine vials is good. The top can be put back on and sits firmly - important as these drops are way too expensive to just use once. Also, the container is good in that you don't have to squeeze too hard to get the drops out and end up squirting yourself in the face like with some vials creating wastage.

The drops feel comfortable when I put them in. I haven't experienced any discomfort when I put them in like I sometimes do with the genteal gel I usually use.

I am finding that they seem to work as well as the genteal gel. I am only using them during the daytime I will still be using gels and ointments at night and gel right after I wake up because my eyes are so bad then.

With the cliradex, well I was disappointed that the wipes were so tiny. They are hugely expensive. There is no way you would use one per eye twice a day like they say due to cost. I had read someone say they cut these wipes into four pieces and stored them in a ziplock plastic bag which I had been planning to do. Well that would mean that you were doing both eyes with a wipe the size of a postage stamp! I have compromised I will be using one wipe per day cutting them in half in the morning and using the other half at night.

Like they say the wipes cause the eyelid skin to tingle in an unpleasant manner. But only for a couple minutes so I find that acceptable.

They don't seem to clean as well as other lid wipes. But I guess I am mainly just trying them out of desperation anyway in case I have demodex and they help. I will still wash my eyes with sterilid in the shower twice a day followed by the cliradex after getting out of the shower as you aren't supposed to wash it off.

Hope someone finds this information useful.

I'm glad you've found someone who ships to you. They are the same place I've been ordering mine from (in the US) as well. I always get my package within a few days. Here's hoping those products bring you some relief.

Comment

Working...
    X