No announcement yet.

Am I using too many eye drops? Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much everyone for your help, I've took everything on board. I will try and limit the amount if drops I use, my eyes just looked so pitiful 3 months ago I'm terrified that they will go back to that. I will try doing more cold compresses in future, sorry my reply is short, had a bad day, went to see a new optician today, she wasn't all that sympathetic, told me I have my sight and sent me on my way, feel quite disheartened today. Today has been better drops wise though, the humidity was up 20 on yday so I think that was why.

Thanks again
    27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Cathy8889 - I'm having similar issues finding someone who will take my aqueous tear deficiency (if it indeed that) seriously. I too saw someone yesterday, and he said it's all fine. And wouldn't listen when I said it couldn't be as they feel so horrid. I'm trying really hard to find someone who understands, I'll let you know if I do!

I've been taking omega 3 religiously for 6 months and I think that has helped hugely with the oils - I assume you're doing that already. I also find that if I keep my eyes closed for about 10 minutes after a drop has been put in that helps hugely.

I know exactly how you feel. 10 months ago I had lovely white eyes. And now they are red, even when I wake up!

Comment

Thanks drylondener, nice to know I'm not alone, although I hate that other people are going through this. I don't think I'll ever go back to specsavers again, well not my local one anyway, she said same to me I'm not concerned about your eyes in slightest, I don't want to see you for another two years that's how unconcerned I am, couldn't believe it, wanted to walk out. why don't they listen to the person instead of trusting all their stupid inaccurate tests! The place was filthy too, I had to ask them to clean the bit where you place your head, not nice!

Please let me know if you do thanks. My regular optician is much more understanding and. I think it will go back to see him in future, I went to specsavers so they could take photos of. My eyes for my own ref but she said there's nothing to take photos if.

I've been taking them for three months now so I'll persist definitely thanks, I think it's good for me to take them anyway as I don't eat a lot of oily fish.

I will definitely start closing my eyes for a bit after I've put drops in too, usually i put them in, blink once and I'm on my way!

Thanks
        Originally posted by DryLondoner View Post
        Cathy8889 - I'm having similar issues finding someone who will take my aqueous tear deficiency (if it indeed that) seriously. I too saw someone yesterday, and he said it's all fine. And wouldn't listen when I said it couldn't be as they feel so horrid. I'm trying really hard to find someone who understands, I'll let you know if I do!

I've been taking omega 3 religiously for 6 months and I think that has helped hugely with the oils - I assume you're doing that already. I also find that if I keep my eyes closed for about 10 minutes after a drop has been put in that helps hugely.

I know exactly how you feel. 10 months ago I had lovely white eyes. And now they are red, even when I wake up!
        27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Will keep you posted!! Fingers crossed. As an aside, I decided not to put any drops in today. I've been out in the park, where it is quite windy and in several supermarkets (I kept my glasses on, but these are normal glasses not fancy protective ones) , and I don't think they look any different to when I do put drops in. I'll have to see how it goes, as they might deteriorate during the evening. Fingers crossed they don't!

Comment

Hi! Ok last two days were horrendous (tons of crying because feeling down!) but yesterday I did manage to only put 2 drops in, success! Today my eyes look less irritated than yesterday so going to keep on track! Yesterday they didn't feel that bad, I noticed they felt a bit itchy in the evening but apart from that.

Comment

Hope you are feeling better today

Originally posted by ClaireW View Post
              Hi! Ok last two days were horrendous (tons of crying because feeling down!) but yesterday I did manage to only put 2 drops in, success! Today my eyes look less irritated than yesterday so going to keep on track! Yesterday they didn't feel that bad, I noticed they felt a bit itchy in the evening but apart from that.
              Claire,
              Hope you are feeling better today. I am new in this forum. Have been reading quite a lot from this forum because of my severe dry eyes post lasik.

Comment

Sorry to hear that ClaireW!

I'm in the same place unfortunately, Saturday was great and didn't need a drop until about 6 in the evening. Even went to the park and they looked/felt fine.

Today - walked 10 minute down the road and they are red, itchy and bloodshot!

Looking in the mirror makes me so sad. I feel so awkward talking to people and assume they are staring at my horrible eyes. Even writing that makes me cry. Oh dear! I think I'm going to stop looking in the mirror from now on.

Comment

DryLondoner - don't despair we will get on top of this! I had a few really good days and today the sun was shining really brightly in my room, got up to look in the mirror and every red vein was highlighted. My whole eye seems to be taken over from them. Now I'm back to being shut away in my bedroom which isn't good.

On the plus side despite the horror of how they look today I have seen improvements by laying off the drops. Yesterday I managed one drop and kept blinking and cold compressing my way through the day. We can beat this. I know we can.

Comment

Claire - thank you for the encouraging words! I have to say, although the redness isn't budging, they do feel much better in the last few day. I'm waking up for the first time in a month to comfortable eyes. I'm hoping the improvement in the way they look will come later.

I hope you are doing ok - sorry to hear you're unable to leave your room, I felt like that a couple of weeks back, and had to take time off work, I hope you are able to look after them and pamper yourself for a bit! Good to hear they are feeling better without as many drops.

You are right! We can and will beat this thing!

X
                    Last edited by DryLondoner; 06-Jul-2014, 08:19. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hey Cath,

I sent you a pm. Take a read :-)

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X