Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood shot eyes...sclera lenses are new... and/or eye gel at night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood shot eyes...sclera lenses are new... and/or eye gel at night?

I am finding that after wearing my sclera lenses, my eyes are very bloodshot. They look much more painful than they feel. I also wake up many times with bloodshot eyes. I worry about what folks at work will think. I use a gel at night to help keep them moist. Even when I used goggles they would sometimes be red in the morning. Sometimes they are painful when red, other times I'm surprised when I look in the mirror. I do use warm compresses in the mornings.

Is this typical or should I be looking at something else related to my eye care? Ideas?

Hello TOJ - I am afraid I can not answer your question as I do not even have a pair yet, but I am curious which type (Jupiter, Prose, etc..) of scleral lenses you ended up with? If you can identify them, perhaps others here with the same kind can offer some suggestions, help. How did the fitting process go, 2 or 3 attempts, more? Other than the bloodshot eyes problem you're experiencing now, have they provided some relief and are you happy with them otherwise?

Comment

Working...
    X