Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many physicians theorize that thicker gels and ointments can interfere with meibomian

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many physicians theorize that thicker gels and ointments can interfere with meibomian

http://www.eyeworld.org/article.php?sid=4449

Can anyone here who has tried Celluvisc, Lacrilube, and Muro 128 compare and contrast them? Those are 3 I have yet to try, Genteal Gel is currently the one I find most effective for me, but am wondering if any of the above might be good as well. Thanks for posting that article Dog2012. Even though it's older (2008) there is some good information.

Comment

You are welcome ! It just makes sense.. I believe with MGD..Any ointment will do worse.. I loved Genteal Gel but my doctor told me that he no longer recommend it ...:{ He also against use Muro 128 ...

Comment

Every time I use a thicker tear or ointment my lids go nuts. I use retaine mgd which is fine and refresh optive advanced.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the article. I am using Vidisic gel currently and have used for a year now. I am also thinking to quit the gel since I have MGD. Is Dwelle still selling in the Dry Eye Company?

Comment

re: Dwelle - no, it was discontinued. There is a product that is apparently very similar now called "Freshkote" - which is available in the U.S. without prescription (i.e. Amazon, etc...). There are quite a few posts here regarding freshkote if you do a search.

Comment

I believe Freshkote isn't preservative Free ...my best choice is
              http://www.amazon.com/Hylo-Forte-eye.../dp/B004BLR7SM

Comment

Dog- Do you actually get the drops from Amazon. I ask because the description below the product says "Health aid-vit. C" I'd like to order these, but wonder what I'm going to get.

Comment

the preservative in freshkote is not toxic to eyes like BAK

Comment

yes i do from Amazon

Comment

Working...
                    X