advice on artificial tears at night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben
    Would a black out mask do any good i.e used for sleep/travel? rather than googles, still at the experimental stage and thought i should try stuff in stages. Sure i'd be able to pick up an eye mask relatively cheaply to try, perhaps this combined with eye gel ?
    Certainly. Before Tranquileyes came along I used the keep the sleep masks I'd get from airlines. Also I used to use saran wrap (cling film) when things were really bad. Just before bed I would tear out a spectacle-case sized piece and sort of pat it down around my eye area. Anything that reduces airflow over the eyes may do some good, in conjunction with a good lubricant.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
      Chlorine and Bleach!! my eyes are suddenly starting to feel better.

Would a black out mask do any good i.e used for sleep/travel? rather than googles, still at the experimental stage and thought i should try stuff in stages. Sure i'd be able to pick up an eye mask relatively cheaply to try, perhaps this combined with eye gel ?
      I got mine from a Harley Davidson store. The place sold harley brand for $100 and cheapos for $20. I still have the cheapos. I think a black out mask would absorb the moisture. My wife has them and they're made of cloth. Plastic goggles stop moisture from evaporating. I slept in them and remember in the morning having water pour out of the goggles when I took them off.

Comment

thanks on the humidifier tips

I just read that EPA article (thanks, Silverlady, for the link). Sounds like I'd be better off trying Tranquileyes.

I was doing OK with my dry eyes all summer---I work outdoors in a national park-and basically live there most of the week. NOW, I'm on furlough--back in an air-polluted metropolitan area. ARGGGGHH!!! Now I'm having to put Gel in my eyes 3 times a night! Just Complaining...sorry!

C66

Comment

Working...
        X