Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacriserts

Hello,

Since i've tried almost anything in an attempt to find some relief for my mgd i thought why not give lacriserts a try.
    I am fully aware that the success rate with these is not exactly high to say the least,but i guess i'll never know what they can do for me unless i try them.
    Thing is i do not know how to obtain them. It seems really difficult since i live in europe. I already sent an email to the current manufacturer ( valeant pharmaceuticals) but i only got a very brief answer in which they say that the lacriserts are not available in europe. And thats that.
    Does anybody here know how or where i can buy them or Do a sample request? On their website only professionals can do that. Any help is appreciated!..

these are only available by prescription in the US so you will not be able to get them without a doctor. in europe, it seems that the manufacturer is telling you that they are not approved there at all, and therefore, are not available by prescription or otherwise.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply!
      Although it doesn't sound too hopeful..

Comment

You can check their web site. I used them and got a sample from my opthamalogist. Then I bought a box with a prescription. You have to push past the bad days with them apparently and use them for while to have them work properly. I loved them at first, but then I had 3 bad days in a row and stopped taking them.

Comment

Hi runnergirl,

I have my next appointment with my opthalmologist in january.
          I'll mention the website and ask if she wants to request for some examples.
          However,lacriserts are completely unknown here and i am sure my opthalmologist is not familiar with them.
          I think there is a reasonable chance she is not able to order them to since the manufacturer/distributor stated that lacriserts are not sold in europe.
          Sorry to hear you had to stop using them,but it actually does not surprise me. I read quite some testimonials and only a few people were satisfied with the effectiveness longterm. Most people stop using them after a while because they're not satisfied with the results.
          I just wanted to give it a try,but it i am not sure if its really worth all the trouble.

Comment

Working...
          X