X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dwelle

Is it stil exist? I don't find it on the shop website
    Thanks

Out of production for many years now. Only product like it that's available is FreshKote (sold in drugstores OTC, but might have to be special ordered). FreshKote is Dwelle plus a lipid ingredient.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks! Do you think that this website is reliable? http://www.amazon.com/FreshKote-Lubr...0559332&sr=1-2 (I live in France)

Is there still somebody on this website who uses Freshkote? I found many old threads about it, but no recent threads.

Comment

That's where I'd get it (Amazon). It's nice to see so many positive reviews there. I know a lot of people who use it, but I don't see a lot of posts here about it either.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

I use Freshkote, I just started using it about a little over a month ago. I use it once at night before bed. I was using Restasis for 2 years with no improvement. So now I use one drop of Restasis in the morning and Freshkote at night. I ordered it from Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by runnergirl View Post
            I use Freshkote, I just started using it about a little over a month ago. I use it once at night before bed. I was using Restasis for 2 years with no improvement. So now I use one drop of Restasis in the morning and Freshkote at night. I ordered it from Amazon.
            Is it positive in your case?

Comment

HI Pauline,

Well, it is hard to say. I changed my fish oil pills at the same time and I have to say that my eyes do feel more moist. I don't want to jinx myself because I have suffered for over 2 years and to say it is managable at the moment scares me. Let's just say that I have had more manageable days lately, so I am going to continue with this for another month. Somewhere on this site another user....I do not remember their name....Renzi or Ranji or something like that said that Freshkote took up to 7 or 8 months for it to really do some help with her and now she said she is very manageable, I tried to inbox her but no reply. I am hoping that this means she is almost normal now and no longer needs to log on here. wishful thinking for me. So, in a nutshell, I am thinking about dropping the restasis and trying freshkote twice a day. I haven't gotten up the nerve to try it yet. I am sorry that I do not have totally positive news for you yet.....still in the green stage.

Comment

I have used it on and off now for a year. I like it, and I do think it helps. I agree though that it does seem to take time to notice the improvement.
                I have also recently been using sodium hyaluronate drops (in my case, also ordered via Amazon) - shipped from the UK very inexpensively - and have to say that these drops (Clinitas Soothe) I have found to be really helpful as well, maybe even more so than FreshKote. I have serious MGD and am both lipid and aqueous deficient...

Comment

Hi MGD666,
                  How do you use these two drops? Do you use one more than another or together? I never heard of the other drops Clinitas Soothe. I may have to order them and try them. Thank you for the info!

Comment

Hi runnergirl,
                    My routine at present is that I use 1 drop of Freshkote in each eye right before going to sleep, after which I use a sleeping mask product called Eyeseals by Eyeeco in which I place 2 saline-moistened cotton rounds in each of the eye cups of said mask. Then, in the morning, I place one drop in each eye of Freshkote.
                    I use the Clinitas Soothe drops 2 or 3 times throughout the day. They are preservative-free and can be purchased via a UK seller through Amazon - currently around $14 total for 20 vials that can be resealed and reused within 12 hour - which ends up being cheaper than the only Sodium Hyaluronate drops available from a US seller (Oasis Tears Plus). The Clinitas Soothe drop also have a slightly higher percentage of HA in them than the Oasis Tears Plus.
                    If my eyes are really seriously dry at any point, I also still use Genteal Severe Dry Eye gel.

Comment

I used Ultra Clinitis 3 (the UK version of FreshKote) and it was very effective. Unfortunately they stopped making and since I recently ordered 4 bottles of FreshKote as a replacement and it's not effective at all. I'm suspicious that the batch of FreshKote was made by a cheap pharmaceutical company and supplied via the internet. Beware of impostors!!!

I've recently found MGD retaine to be extremely soothing with long lasting relief. It's my new favorite drop now

Comment

Hi DCRdryeye,
                        have you tried Hylo -Comod drops? My European friends say they are the best. I didn't use them yet, but I'm going to have them soon.
                        http://uk.vitazita.com/en/buy/hylo-c...yedrops-10-ml/
                        I'm very surprised with their price , My mom bought them in Europe for $ 10.00.
                        Last edited by Irina; 08-Jan-2015, 11:06.

Comment

Hi Irina,
                          I use HYLO-FORTE which is a high strength sodium hyaluronate. I find it very good and it's supposed to improve the mucin layer of the tear film.

Comment

Working...
                          X