X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold eye drops

Hi,

I was reading in the book The Dry Eye Doctor that it is beneficial to apply cold eye drops, and I tried putting my eye drops in the fridge, and it does have a nice feeling to it. Does anyone else have any experience with using cold eye drops? I am even thinking of buying an eye drop wallet, which was recommended in the book, to keep the eye drops cool.

My serum tears had to stay refrigerated, and they felt nice when I was using them. I think others on here use cool drops. You can get a similar affect with an ice pack compress, but that's not always convenient. They have the miniature ice packs which are great to keep in the freezer and you can just pop them on when you need them, whether at work (if you have a freezer at work) or home.

Comment

Piotr, I just posted on ClaireW's post "eye drop abuse".
      My response is also relevant to your question.
      It's above this post, on this forum.
      CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

I also keep my eyedrops in the fridge. After seeing how well cold camomile tea bags worked to reduce my inflammation I thought having cool eye drops might have the same effect. I haven't seen a noticeable change by refrigerating them but it does feel soothing.

Comment

Thanks, both of you! I might try that thing with tea bags, considering that I often drink camomile tea. Usually, I do not use eye drops very often. I was also thinking of trying to use a cold bag. In my experience, cold and hot bags are good for different occasions. I have however stopped using hot bags, and only use the Blephasteam device now.

Comment

Originally posted by PiotrSWE View Post
            Thanks, both of you! I might try that thing with tea bags, considering that I often drink camomile tea. Usually, I do not use eye drops very often. I was also thinking of trying to use a cold bag. In my experience, cold and hot bags are good for different occasions. I have however stopped using hot bags, and only use the Blephasteam device now.
            Yes! Definately try the teabags I feel my eyes are very refreshed after and also less red. Plus if your already drinking tea then you have a steady supply to pop in the fridge which helps

Comment

Working...
            X