Any feedback on homeopathic drops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any feedback on homeopathic drops?

I am thinking of visiting a homeopath in the near future. In India we have a strong homeopathic system. It was interesting to see names of some lubricant eye drops from homeopathic line being mentioned--like Belladonna, eupharis etc. I am keen to know if anyone has used them and what is the experience. Looking forward to some feedback. Regards, Giriraj

You may want to search the forum for "homeopathic" using the search function along the top. This subject comes up fairly frequently. I don't think anybody's reported any significant improvement, but neither do I think anybody believes the drops hurt them ... though ... in theory ... they could.

Good luck!

Comment

Similasan

Similasan (homeopathic) didn't work for me. I still had all of the symptoms.

Comment

I've tried Similisan and didn't think it was too bad for me as a basic eye drop. Other than that, I don't know much about homeopathic remedies. Wasn't there some discussion on the boards about eyebright or something like that? You might do a search on that...

D
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Interesting. I've only tried Similasan once (one bottle) and really found little (other than momentary) benefit ... for me.

But check this out:

http://www.similasanusa.com/products-dry-eye-relief.cfm

Inactive Ingredient: Borate buffer, Sodium nitrate, Silver sulfate (as preservative), purified water

Please note: Bottles expiring before 2008 do contain slightly different inactive ingredients such as Sodium chloride, Sodium silver chloride complex (as preservative) and purified water.

Single-use droppers contain only sodium chloride and purified water as inactive ingredients. The active ingredients remain the same.
          Sounds like the manufacturers had some reason to remove the preservative from the mix. Hmmmm. I'd recommend passing by the bottles with an expiration date of 2008 or before in lieu of the newer version.

Comment

Searching the forums: A primer

For those lacking the post-graduate degree in geekamology, here's how to search these forums for a particular term:

1) In the uppermost dark blue bar on this page, find the word ">>SEARCH" and click on it.

2) In the little white box that appears, type the term you would like to search for, then click the "Go" button which is just to the right of the white box. (In case you're wondering, the search engine is not case-sensitive.)

3) A page of search results should appear after a moment. What you will see is a list of forum threads (discussions) that include the term you were searching for. If you click on one of the threads and look through it, you will see all instances of the search term highlighted in Red.

As an example, click here to see search results for the term "Homeopathic."

Comment

My, but your avatar has nice, moist eyes. Care to dial it back a notch?

Comment

after reading about systane free recall I started using boiron drops yesterday and they don't feel good. Don't know what to swith to now

Comment

There are drops sold on this web site that you may like. Go to Dry Eye Shop at the top of the page. I like Nutratear. Dwelle is a heavier drop may be better for some at nighttime. You can order samples...

Diana
                  Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
                  X