Drop that increases tbut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop that increases tbut

Is there any drops that may improve tbut? I am thinking of trying systane balance for this reason. Though I think it could be mucin layer that Is causing my low tbut. Goes up massively on steriods.

Been following your story.

Have you thought about serum drops, either AST or PRP? You could even try finger prick to see how you get on.

AST and prp both help with inflammation.

I returned from vissum last week with 2 months of prp. My remaining issue is low tear volume.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Are prp and ast. Different types of serum drops? These have never been discussed yet, I think I have heard they are really hard to get on the nhs because of the cost?

Comment

Try drops with lipids in them like systane balance. They can stabilize your TBUT for 15 minutes from application.

Comment

Thank you watched a video for systane ultra and it appears this can improve tbut too?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post
            Thank you watched a video for systane ultra and it appears this can improve tbut too?
            Systane ultra is good but doesn't contain lipids. So systane balance would definitely be better.

Comment

Thanks does the balance help with aqueous dry eye two? I have both. They both say they can increase goblet cells density. So may help my mucin layer.

Comment

Hi Matt
                New drop - Systane Complete
                is for aqueous & oil issues but only available in USA at moment.

Comment

Thank you, that would be great. Hope it's available in the UK soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post
                    Try drops with lipids in them like systane balance. They can stabilize your TBUT for 15 minutes from application.
                    It does contain a preservative called polyquad so just be careful of that if you are sensitive to preservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Topher3 View Post

It does contain a preservative called polyquad so just be careful of that if you are sensitive to preservatives.
                      I thought there's a preservative free variant that comes in single use containers.

Comment

Try Hycosan Dual, it supposedly stabilises the tear film! I used to alternate between hycosan extra and this in my worst days.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post
                          Thanks for the reply. Are prp and ast. Different types of serum drops? These have never been discussed yet, I think I have heard they are really hard to get on the nhs because of the cost?
                          Both are made from your own blood. Only AST available in the UK and yes very hard to get hold of. To be honest I can't remember the exact difference but PRP is supposed to be better.

Of course the finger prick method is free and easily done. To make sure you follow basic hygiene approaches.

All clinical studies highlight how effective these treatments are in all dry eye types. Increasing TBU, controlling inflammation and providing nutrients and growth factors that our eyes lack because of the lack of natural tear production. Some have reported increased tear production.

OTC drops simply can't replace natural tears, they can only lubricate.

Some claim to have been cured, but take that with a pinch of salt.

PRP is available in Spain from Vissum. 12 weeks supply is £200. Of course you need to factor travel and accommodation.

Comment

I assume that AST stands for "autologous serum therapy" and PRP for "platelet-rich plasma"? Is PRP a new thing? I didn't hear of it a few years ago

Comment

Novatears/Evotears

Comment

Working...
                              X